Rumor about quad ban on may long?

Altapeet

Reaction score
Pretty sure thats public property, but I thought the crown stuff was like Jasper and areas like that where offroad use was prohibited.

Swan Hills, you can still ride, Trapper lea's.. Public mudding.

Crown Land IS land that is not privately held, as in public land . all that land you think you are entitled to ride on is under the jurisdiction of the "crown" Ie government . we have the privilege of using it to ride or hike or whatever . Just like in real life if you abuse a privilege you run the risk of losing it ,not just for yourself but for everyone else as well.

And that is why people on this thread are annoyed at your attitude ,because what you do has an effect on all riders.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey quadboy let me know when your at lac belvue next if I'm not working me and the boys will come hit some skeg with ya. I won't where my helmet and probly get drunk and stoned as well.

I still wear a helmet and don't ride under the influence...

Pretty sure this is kinda a misunderstanding, I'm not sure if thats a bash on my part... Or directed on me, or with me. Whatever.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure thats public property, but I thought the crown stuff was like Jasper and areas like that where offroad use was prohibited.

wow, are you informed. unless someone owns said property were you ride, it is generally called public, crown etc. shheeet you sound like another joey. full of p-ss and vinegar, you definitly are a youngun.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crown Land IS land that is not privately held, as in public land . all that land you think you are entitled to ride on is under the jurisdiction of the "crown" Ie government . we have the privilege of using it to ride or hike or whatever . Just like in real life if you abuse a privilege you run the risk of losing it ,not just for yourself but for everyone else as well.

And that is why people on this thread are annoyed at your attitude ,because what you do has an effect on all riders.

I realize, and thats why I pick up trash, wear my helmet, slow down for other riders, stop my engine for horses... I live on an acreage, I know how my riding influences others around me, and I don't trespass on others land. If they don't want me on their land, they should know the same rules apply. My property is open to others in my neighbourhood to ride their horses and quads on, and I respect that because they let me ride on theirs.

And my attitude? Really? Yeah, maybe we can get worked up about certain subjects, yeah, but I have no attitude, just an extreme post. At the end of the day a post is a post. It looks like your the one with the attitude. I had a dad, He taught me well, he was a great man, and I want to continue to do what we've done for so many years. He taught me to ride and got me my first two quads. With out it, its almost like I'm not even connected anymore. Riding means a lot to me, I'm not a douche on the trails. Hope that clears it up. Rant over. :eek:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, are you informed. unless someone owns said property were you ride, it is generally called public, crown etc. shheeet you sound like another joey. full of p-ss and vinegar, you definitly are a youngun.

Yep, I'm 18 and never read a bible. Got two ears on my head... They work.

Not educated on everything, as you can see, open to suggestions. Lifes about learning, teach me.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are considering banning mud bogging here in Alberta they can go kiss my ass. I'm not stopping because some tree hugger can't afford a quad.

Well guess no further, I'll admit you did a great educated guess. I actually turned 18 in April. :beer:

I just looked through this thread, and its complete BS now. Take my 1st post with a grain of salt... I said "if" mud bogging was banned, then I further explained myself.. Now where the heck did I say I was riding on crown land?

I listed previously where I ride, so far no bans, but I take my quading very seriously. And I'd hate to see it go, I love to ride the mud, but at the same time I'm still a responsible rider.

Now it just looks like you people are using every possible excuse to nail me and call me an "irresponsible young buck" by throwing things out there like "Crown" land even though I never brought it up. Seriously, your blowing every one of my posts way out of proportion.

Everyone here should take their advice and grow up. :rolleyes:

.......... I just said I don't ride on crown land.

You can either read it, or we can go on like this for 20 more pages... Your call.

OK folks let's cut the kid some slack. I blame our education system for not informing quadboy that public land and crown land are one in the same. The young lad did state that he would fight to keep quadding alive. Now I suggest to all that we stop beating on him and lend him our experience and we have a young lad that will carry the torch for us old farts.

quad boy I will retract my"Atta boy, you tell them tree huggers. and when they shut down quadding all together, we'll have you to thank."
if you agree that ripping it up on crown land is not helping the ATV community in keeping quadding alive.
If you still feel that it is your right to mud bog and decimate (crown land) it pity you. The hounds here on Snow and Mud will eat you alive.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to close this post...Nothing productive here...Please!

i beg to differ, quad boy now knows what crown land is, he just jumped and i think we all reacted. looks like he has some understanding and will build on it. i guess all our actions will either keep crown land open or can get it closed. i hope we can keep it open. easier to work together. and quad boy is willing to help when he can. looks like life is good. :d

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK folks let's cut the kid some slack. I blame our education system for not informing quadboy that public land and crown land are one in the same. The young lad did state that he would fight to keep quadding alive. Now I suggest to all that we stop beating on him and lend him our experience and we have a young lad that will carry the torch for us old farts.

quad boy I will retract my"Atta boy, you tell them tree huggers. and when they shut down quadding all together, we'll have you to thank."
if you agree that ripping it up on crown land is not helping the ATV community in keeping quadding alive.
If you still feel that it is your right to mud bog and decimate (crown land) it pity you. The hounds here on Snow and Mud will eat you alive.

When someone posts a petition to keep a riding area open, I vote. I've voted for some all the way in texas. All I need is a link. Some of the places I've voted for I will probably never even get to ride in.

I never said I was a douche or a rebel or anything, though my passion for quading may have put off that image. I appolagize for that, I may have spoken out of turn.

If you take the time to show me where I can and can't ride, where good mud is and where I shouldn't go, please, tell me. I might be doing the wrong thing riding in some places, so don't bash me for it, tell me.

I know where some good riding is, but I have no idea if its illegal to ride there anymore. I don't have a dad to show me where all the good stuff is anymore, now I'm just going on what he showed me, and if its been "crowned" or whatever since then, I got no clue. I don't even know how to check up on this stuff unless a link pops up on the boards.

I know I quoted you, but this whole post isn't directed onto just you, I'm just posting out my 2¢ into one post. Thnx.

Time to close this post...Nothing productive here...Please!

I'm just staring to learn, let it be.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of You have made your point, repeating it over and over does not make it any more clear....The original post had nothing to do with this....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of You have made your point, repeating it over and over does not make it any more clear....The original post had nothing to do with this....

The thread is changing courses. When the conversation is done the thread will be back on topic. I'd really like to finish this and not have it pop up again in another thread.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When someone posts a petition to keep a riding area open, I vote. I've voted for some all the way in texas. All I need is a link. Some of the places I've voted for I will probably never even get to ride in.

I never said I was a douche or a rebel or anything, though my passion for quading may have put off that image. I appolagize for that, I may have spoken out of turn.

If you take the time to show me where I can and can't ride, where good mud is and where I shouldn't go, please, tell me. I might be doing the wrong thing riding in some places, so don't bash me for it, tell me.

I know where some good riding is, but I have no idea if its illegal to ride there anymore. I don't have a dad to show me where all the good stuff is anymore, now I'm just going on what he showed me, and if its been "crowned" or whatever since then, I got no clue. I don't even know how to check up on this stuff unless a link pops up on the boards.

I know I quoted you, but this whole post isn't directed onto just you, I'm just posting out my 2¢ into one post. Thnx.

I'm just staring to learn, let it be.

welcome aboard buddy I see a young responsible rider with fire in his belly willing to fight the fight against the tree huggers. I think that you have a lot more support from the members that were trying to kill than you did a few posts ago..

I would be more than happy to to have the opportunity to go out and ride with you on crown land.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

when education is offered up for free. I suggest you take front row seat.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard buddy I see a young responsible rider with fire in his belly willing to fight the fight against the tree huggers. I think that you have a lot more support from the members that were trying to kill than you did a few posts ago..

I would be more than happy to to have the opportunity to go out and ride with you on crown land.

Thanks, I hope to ride with many fellow S&M'ers on crown land some day. :beer::beer:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the people who want to know if the fires have an impact as to whether they can quad this May long or not ....? They are more concerned with that than this drivel.....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the people who want to know if the fires have an impact as to whether they can quad this May long or not ....? They are more concerned with that than this drivel.....

Nothing is stopping them from posting in this thread, even if it is jacked. It will still recieve a reply, lots of users are more informed on this subject, and I would also like to hear if there is a ban for the weekend.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

any responsible ATVer would probably change their plan's for the weekend. Province wide fire bans indicate that the conditions for a fire are not a question of "if" but "where and when" Hot exhausts Skeg and tinder dry conditions are recipe for disaster

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any responsible ATVer would probably change their plan's for the weekend. Province wide fire bans indicate that the conditions for a fire are not a question of "if" but "where and when" Hot exhausts Skeg and tinder dry conditions are recipe for disaster

I know what you mean, I had some grass smoking on my header last weekend. Unfortunately on modern machines, you gotta be a bit creative for such an easy task with mounds of body work to deal with.

Thankfully I got rain here in the south side of Edmonton close to beaumont. Weekend might be salvageable. :beer:

Altapeet

Reaction score
Quadboy , you have toned it down and so will I ,we are all on the same team ,we all like to get out and ride ,if we learn from each other ,at the end of the day we all win .

by the way i heard on the radio today , no quad ban for long weekend ,SRD is just asking riders to ride gently in some ov the wetter areas to minimize trail damage.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well our club heard from SRD and there will be no bans on quadding cause of how well the the calgary south west area dryed up, i guess was there excuse but they still put the dampner on things with a provincal fire ban, even if it rains, it will not be lifted.

Top Bottom