Rumor about quad ban on may long?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are considering banning mud bogging here in Alberta they can go kiss my ass. I'm not stopping because some tree hugger can't afford a quad.

I can see why your screen name is quadboy55. You sound like an 11 year old.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I'd rather not quad at all then just sit on dusty rutted out trails all day. The whole point of an ATV is that it is ALL TERRAIN, I want to feel like I'm free to go wherever I want, I don't want an off road vehicle to stay on roads the whole time, otherwise whats the god damn point. Sorry but I didn't spend 10000+ on a small car without a roof. Usually I agree with the whole keeping quadding sustainable but when i look at the states and their "OHV parks" I cringe. Yay lets all go quadding with 700 other people and wear silly little orange flags on our bikes. Hahaha. Give me a break. END RANT

Altapeet

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd rather not quad at all then just sit on dusty rutted out trails all day. The whole point of an ATV is that it is ALL TERRAIN, I want to feel like I'm free to go wherever I want, I don't want an off road vehicle to stay on roads the whole time, otherwise whats the god damn point. Sorry but I didn't spend 10000+ on a small car without a roof. Usually I agree with the whole keeping quadding sustainable but when i look at the states and their "OHV parks" I cringe. Yay lets all go quadding with 700 other people and wear silly little orange flags on our bikes. Hahaha. Give me a break. END RANT

The OHV parks in the states is the direction we are headed if people don't start acting responsible .Tearing up creek beds and sensitive marshland doesnt do anyone any good. SRD doesn't care if you paid 100,000 dollars for your machine .It doesn't give you the right to destroy sensitve areas that may never recover. Attitudes like Quadboys are the kind that get everone painted with the same brush and will eventually lead to the end of free quading as we now know it.

Then your $10,000 quad won't be worth 10 cents in this province

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I could sell my rzr now while I still can get a decent dollar for it and invest I'm a couple horses.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The OHV parks in the states is the direction we are headed if people don't start acting responsible .Tearing up creek beds and sensitive marshland doesnt do anyone any good. SRD doesn't care if you paid 100,000 dollars for your machine .It doesn't give you the right to destroy sensitve areas that may never recover. Attitudes like Quadboys are the kind that get everone painted with the same brush and will eventually lead to the end of free quading as we now know it.

Then your $10,000 quad won't be worth 10 cents in this province
Funny, used to be called muskeg, now it's called "sensitive marshland". USA has 10 times our population, and smaller land mass, so comparing there to here is bit of a stretch. Let's all just ride in single file, at 20 kph, like a bunch of cattle, on government approved, marked trails, and we won't ever ride when it's even a bit wet, and at the end of the day we can all sing kumbayah in front of the fire (oh wait, we won't be able to have a fire probably) with our accordians. Sounds like a blast!!:eek:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atta boy, you tell them tree huggers. and when they shut down quadding all together, we'll have you to thank.

As it would seem, they are shutting it down anyways. Whats the point of riding a quad when I can't take it off a designated trail? I should just throw a hundred bucks into my truck and do the same thing.

Though I think some of you may be taking this the wrong way, I'm not a dink about riding, I wear my helmet, I pick up other peoples trash. But if someone wants to get in the way of me and what I love, I got a problem. I'd try to fight it by getting a petition sighed and the whole nine yards.

If that didn't work and they still banned mud bogging, then to hell with it, I'm still riding my quad wherever and however I want.

I can see why your screen name is quadboy55. You sound like an 11 year old.

Oooh, thats creative... How long did that take you to come up with?? It's almost like I've never heard that one before...

Altapeet

Reaction score
Funny, used to be called muskeg, now it's called "sensitive marshland". USA has 10 times our population, and smaller land mass, so comparing there to here is bit of a stretch. Let's all just ride in single file, at 20 kph, like a bunch of cattle, on government approved, marked trails, and we won't ever ride when it's even a bit wet, and at the end of the day we can all sing kumbayah in front of the fire (oh wait, we won't be able to have a fire probably) with our accordians. Sounds like a blast!!:eek:

Yes ,and wetlands used to called useless mosquito breeding swamp till we saw that it supported all those ducks..time's change ,adapt or become extinct

I like to ride the mud as much as the next guy but you have to pick your spots and just tearing the @$it out of everything all the time is digging your own quad ride'n grave.rippin up a creek bed to wash you machine and destroying fish habitat in the process , isn't going win you any friends with those looking for a reason to shut you down.

just because the US has more people doesn't mean a thing ,people who want to shut us down will look at the pay parks as a reasonable solution to a problem they have .

Altapeet

Reaction score
.If that didn't work and they still banned mud bogging, then to hell with it, I'm still riding my quad wherever and however I want..

Keep your head in the sand they quadboy the anti's love guys like you.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems many people just don't get it. Even if all you high and mighty quadders bash the guys that like to mud bog ( which I don't do, but don't have a problem with) and actually get these boggers to quit, do you actually believe the SRD and enviro-wackos will quit ?? I realize there are sensitive areas ( ie: alpine) that need protection, but I've seen how fast muskeg recovers. This is driven by enviromentalists that will not quit until all quads are outlawed. If you believe otherwise, you are a fool. My passion lies with mountain sledding and we have been battling this for many years. As much as the practical side of me says we should continue to work with government and follow the letter of the law, the passionate side of me says that every time the gov. tries to shut another area down we should show a massive display of civil disobedience by showing up to the new closure by the hundreds and riding anyway. It may or may not be the right choice, but I for one am getting frustrated by losing riding areas even when we do everything right.

Altapeet

Reaction score
Yeah... Standing by while they take away the one thing I live for... Thats a great strategy.

I never suggested you just stand by , I suggested you change your strategy . The old " I'll do what I wan't ,when I want and you can't stop me" attitude probably didn't get you very far with the babysitter and it won't help you in this fight either. Don't poke the bear . And if quading in the mud is all you live for , well you should broaden your horizons :rolleyes:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I AM Outwest right now and it's drier than a popcorn fart...don't care what you read...the dust in my throat from today says different. Be fawkin careful. Creeks are high and the skegs are dry.
I'm coming to visit anyways.If conditions are unfavorable for quadding we will drink!

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am of the understanding that ATV are to help get you into places you wouldn't otherwise get too. This can all be done respectfully, without tearing the sh*t out of the land, running over live trees rather than going around, unnecessarily disturbing the creek or riverbeds, ripping marshlands, etc. I've always had extreme respect and enjoyment going into the backcountry with my family and friends, with our quads and cameras, and have seen many a spectacular site, wildlife, natural hotsprings, waterfalls and more. And have never found the need to rip and tear what was not ours to begin with. We try to leave it the way it was before we entered, albeit for a few tracks, but find it every bit as enjoyable. We make it a practice to p/u garbage we encounter along the way as well and bring it out with us. This way everyone can enjoy it and it's just the way we decided to do things. Just my thoughts.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never suggested you just stand by , I suggested you change your strategy . The old " I'll do what I wan't ,when I want and you can't stop me" attitude probably didn't get you very far with the babysitter and it won't help you in this fight either. Don't poke the bear . And if quading in the mud is all you live for , well you should broaden your horizons :rolleyes:

I never said it was just mud, quading in general. I've owned several quads, race quads and 4x4's. But what good are they if they ban quading all together? Thats their plan. And I'm not going to let it happen. Simple as that.

I think you should read my above post maybe one more time instead of just skimming over it.

I'll even save you the trouble, I pointed out that I will fight to keep quading open by contacting the government, and getting petitions signed... etc.

IF that fails, screw it, I'm still quading anyways.

QUADING as in race quads, 4x4's, MX, rock crawling, MUD BOGGING, sand... etc.

Altapeet

Reaction score
I never said it was just mud, quading in general. I've owned several quads, race quads and 4x4's. But what good are they if they ban quading all together? Thats their plan. And I'm not going to let it happen. Simple as that.

I think you should read my above post maybe one more time instead of just skimming over it.

I'll even save you the trouble, I pointed out that I will fight to keep quading open by contacting the government, and getting petitions signed... etc.

IF that fails, screw it, I'm still quading anyways.

QUADING as in race quads, 4x4's, MX, rock crawling, MUD BOGGING, sand... etc.

I read your post quadboy, your attitude sucks and I am guessing you are about 17 yrs old , you know it all and nobody is going to tell what you can or can't do , blah blah blah,,,:bow:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes ,and wetlands used to called useless mosquito breeding swamp till we saw that it supported all those ducks..time's change ,adapt or become extinct

I like to ride the mud as much as the next guy but you have to pick your spots and just tearing the @$it out of everything all the time is digging your own quad ride'n grave.rippin up a creek bed to wash you machine and destroying fish habitat in the process , isn't going win you any friends with those looking for a reason to shut you down.

just because the US has more people doesn't mean a thing ,people who want to shut us down will look at the pay parks as a reasonable solution to a problem they have .
Hey, listen pal, don't be telling me to do anything. I don't know who you think you are, but you have you're opinion and I'll have mine. People like you just can't stand it when others disagree with your opinion. To make a big deal about the very small footprint that quads make in an area is just falling into the BS arguments of those against quadding, or any motorized sport for that matter. Listen Sherlock, the US is much heavier populated, therefore less room to ride, more people using the same areas, so don't sit there and say the higher population doesn't mean a thing. It obviously has an affect on decision making. Every time someone does something you and people like you don't agree with, you bleat that "your going to get all our riding shut down everywhere" crap. Then you bad mouth people who don't agree with your opinion. You ride your way, I'll ride mine.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quads and mud go together like a dirty shirt on an Indian. You can't have one without the other. If the mud holes are on the trails its free game I would think. I agree with the creeks and rivers being off limits for playing and bridges should be built. Going off the trail into wetlands and tearing them up isn't doing anyone any good stay to the trails there us usually plenty of mud and skeg to play in.

Altapeet

Reaction score
Hey, listen pal, don't be telling me to do anything. I don't know who you think you are, but you have you're opinion and I'll have mine. People like you just can't stand it when others disagree with your opinion. To make a big deal about the very small footprint that quads make in an area is just falling into the BS arguments of those against quadding, or any motorized sport for that matter. Listen Sherlock, the US is much heavier populated, therefore less room to ride, more people using the same areas, so don't sit there and say the higher population doesn't mean a thing. It obviously has an affect on decision making. Every time someone does something you and people like you don't agree with, you bleat that "your going to get all our riding shut down everywhere" crap. Then you bad mouth people who don't agree with your opinion. You ride your way, I'll ride mine.

You're entitled to your opinion Eyesore and it appears to me that you are the one who can't stand it when someone disagrees with you, not me. I am just trying to point out the fact that putting your head in the sand and saying you have a right to do whatever the hell you please doesn't make it so. But you go ahead and tear it up all you want. Eventually it will come back and bite you in the azz.....SHERLOCK

OH, and I'm not your pal

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion Eyesore and it appears to me that you are the one who can't stand it when someone disagrees with you, not me. I am just trying to point out the fact that putting your head in the sand and saying you have a right to do whatever the hell you please doesn't make it so. But you go ahead and tear it up all you want. Eventually it will come back and bite you in the azz.....SHERLOCK

OH, and I'm not your pal
We'll just have to disagree then, and my pals aren't condescending like you.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read your post quadboy, your attitude sucks and I am guessing you are about 17 yrs old , you know it all and nobody is going to tell what you can or can't do , blah blah blah,,,:bow:

All I can say is touché. :d

I made a fair post, I'm not being an ass, I'm being me. I explained myself, and I said I'd fight anti quaders with reason... Which you seemed to have missed AGAIN.

Let me say it again, seeing as how you love to wear the big man pants... If quading gets shut down after reasonably reasoning with plenty of reason enough to reason with them reasonably to persuade who needs persuading on this topic to keep quads, mind you, with reason, (Reason being key, as well as plenty of factual facts on why we need to keep quads) and only after that plan fails, will I do what ever the hell I feel like doing.

Now, lets say it together, repeat after me! :d

"If quading gets shut down after reasonably reasoning with plenty of reason enough to reason with them reasonably to persuade who needs persuading on this topic to keep quads, mind you, with reason, (Reason being key, as well as plenty of factual facts on why we need to keep quads) and only after that plan fails, will I do what ever the hell I feel like doing."

And once more for good luck... "If quading gets shut down after reasonably reasoning with plenty of reason enough to reason with them reasonably to persuade who needs persuading on this topic to keep quads, mind you, with reason, (Reason being key, as well as plenty of factual facts on why we need to keep quads) and only after that plan fails, will I do what ever the hell I feel like doing. "

Ok now I'm just having fun...

Thank you, Pal!! :d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom