Roswell Area 52 tower??

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i am looking at getting a Roswell Area 52 wakeboard tower for my 2001 Sea Ray 190BR, I found a very great price on one. Just wondering if anyone has one and info on them good/bad?? Or anybody have any pics of them on a simalar boat?? Thanks guys

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one, love the look and lines....but I'm too chicken to install it on my boat. :/ so it sits in the spare room...shoot me pics of your ray when it's installed so I can see how it looks!!!

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet man i am not getting it on till the spring next year though. I dont want to be without my boat(in shop) while it is summer now. If you get yours on before that send me some pics. LOL

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny, it doesn't take that long to install it's only june. lol

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL ya but all the shops are booking into end of July and August. Summer is to short already to be with out my boat for a day!!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my old Malibu, installed it ourselves. Pretty easy but definately nerves racking making the first few holes. 000_0062.jpg 000_0063.jpg SKAHA07 033.jpg

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Installed mine by myself as well. Very easy to do. One hint though is if you have a bimini to have it up while your installing to ensure it will fit. Took me an easy relaxed evening in the shop. Measure lots and drill once.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed mine by myself as well. Very easy to do. One hint though is if you have a bimini to have it up while your installing to ensure it will fit. Took me an easy relaxed evening in the shop. Measure lots and drill once.

How is the boat Norm? Get it out on the water yet? Mine is still sleeping....pitiful eh!!! First year ever that the baot wasnt dropped in before May long.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also put my 52 on myself, did it in the driveway with my cousins help, one afternoon. Checked measurements several times and still shook drilling the first hole in my then new boat! Solid tower with wiring harness installed, I believe all the 52s now come with wiring harness installed. Used red loctite as per directions, can't believe I actually used the red. Hope I never have to loosen anything off, I would suggest blue only. However it has been bounced from lake to lake for 4 years and nothing is loose. Cope your backer plates to match the curve of your hull! I don't do fibreglass so my backer plates are glued in with PL Premium and not glassed into position but have never shifted.
Good luck on the install of a good tower.:thumbsup2:

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can install mine if you would like then!!!! How much you want? LOL

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the market for any boat work in Alberta. I have put on kicker motors, winterized, installed gps and depth finders, repaired props, sound systems, repaired all sorts of sea doos for just beer and a good time. This is a market that perhaps needs tapped into.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the market for any boat work in Alberta. I have put on kicker motors, winterized, installed gps and depth finders, repaired props, sound systems, repaired all sorts of sea doos for just beer and a good time. This is a market that perhaps needs tapped into.

Well you can do a tower install for me if you would like LOL

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could. Not sure if I have the time to tell ya the truth. I'm sure it's only a days labour. Did it come with instructions?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya it has all the instructions and hardware

where r you located at. i have a shop in sundre with a locked compound and just have to figure out a time that works. buddy has a rosewell area 52 on a 2006 caravelle and doesnt look difficult to install at all. let me know if your interested and we could try to figure a time and details.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where r you located at. i have a shop in sundre with a locked compound and just have to figure out a time that works. buddy has a rosewell area 52 on a 2006 caravelle and doesnt look difficult to install at all. let me know if your interested and we could try to figure a time and details.

Ok i am located in Lloydminster AB. i am interested though what would you charge me roughly?

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it is but it isn't for me. LOL i can get it done in lloyd for 800 so for 750 plus have to drive from Lloyd to Sundre it would not be worth it for me in fuel costs. That is ok i will just wait till fall or next spring to get it installed. Thanks for you help and offer.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought u wanted it done right away! Because they could get it in soon enough not that you wanted it cheaper? Lol!

Top Bottom