Road Paint on new car

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the wife comes to her brand new Toyota parked on the road by westmount, only to find that the city has painted bicycle symbol on the road. In doing so they spattered paint on to the bumper of her car. This stuff is thick, does anyone know how to get rid of it? We are sending a complaint form to the city, not sure how much good that will do us. What idiot paints under a car??
:realmad:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit the new lines painted on hwy 2 going from edmo to banff one weekend. I used gasoline while it was wet, nothing takes it off while dry

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try this autoglym out its for tar but sure it could do it might be Worth a go.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not available in North America
but thanks though.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of morons, You can call Ryan Bietting at Gallery Auto Spa 780-862-6708 he can work miracles with car paint and getting sh!t off it.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also another place I go is Carstar Express on 3825 - 99th Street Northwest talk to Aaron. Hopefully between one of the two you can get advice/help. :beer:

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake Kleen, varsol, or gas. I'm not sure if these will damage your actual paint/finish or not, but I've used them to remove paint and tar from a chrome bumper before. If you keep rubbing, it eventually dissolves the spots.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake Kleen, varsol, or gas. I'm not sure if these will damage your actual paint/finish or not, but I've used them to remove paint and tar from a chrome bumper before. If you keep rubbing, it eventually dissolves the spots.

Won't hurt modern paint

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is that is it on the flat black plastic bumper, and according to my research, that is the worst place to get paint on. But thanks for your input.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woodys Rv has a new product for tar and stuff on Rv works great! Give it a go

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oven Cleaner. Wont hurt sealed surfaces or paints with clear ect but will take off most all other paints.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you documented the damage, send the city the bill. If they are willing to pay for pothole damage then this should be pretty obviously something that they should cover.
But then again it is the city....:rolleyes:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what we are doing, however did you know that if a rotten light standard falls on your car the city will NOT pay for the damages.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that would suck hind t*t!
What are you doing up at 6:30 on a holiday anyway Kelly?
You should be sleeping with images of floating over impassable stretches of skeg! :bike:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lacquer thinner will do it and not damage the paint.

Top Bottom