Risers for 06 Summit

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Thanks to a shoulder that doesn't seem to want to stay in its socket anymore I need to raise the bars on my 06 Summit to try and get a bit more leverage. I know from reading other posts that I can go an additional 3" over the stock bars before I need longer cables. I don't like the stock bars (I find that they angle too much towards me and I can't adjust them back any further)so would prefer to go with a true high rise bar rather than just put a riser underneath the stock bars.
I think the Summit X models come stock with high rise bars? so would it be easiest to just buy the OEM bars that come on the X models or does anyone have a suggestion for aftermarket bars that might be cheaper or better or would the OEM high rise be my best bet?
Thanks for any input

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well look around for risers there are lots... i bought rsi but found they do not hold and move on me while riding... i went a total of 12" for mine without changing the cables my old ones where i beleive 6" or 7"

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well look around for risers there are lots... i bought rsi but found they do not hold and move on me while riding... i went a total of 12" for mine without changing the cables my old ones where i beleive 6" or 7"

is yours an X? any pics?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no mine is an adreniline... but it shouldnt be any different... pics i will take one today and post... i had too reroute the brake so it would work

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8" on my 06X no problems. I did have to re-route a bit though and take out some zip ties.

How high are you wanting to go?

If the adrenaline has a T type fitting on the top, I do have stock X risers around I would let go for cheap.

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of 9" black RSI's if ya want them. Make an offer.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are some pics

Attachments

• phone 036.jpg
    phone 036.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 189
  • phone 035.jpg
    phone 035.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 199
  • phone 034.jpg
    phone 034.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 187
  • phone 033.jpg
    phone 033.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 184

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
8" on my 06X no problems. I did have to re-route a bit though and take out some zip ties.

How high are you wanting to go?

If the adrenaline has a T type fitting on the top, I do have stock X risers around I would let go for cheap.

I think the steering post is different between the x and the adrenaline so I think I need an adaptor or something. this is my first sled so i don't really know much about the differences. I think I really only need another 3 inches and would like the bars to angle back more. Looked in a couple of catalogues and holy crap there is alot of options. I like the idea of the telescopic risers but wonder if they hold really well or are prone to movement?
Any suggestions/experiences on those?
I guess if I go that route I need to replace bars as well cuz I think the min rise on those is like 4" and I've got the big u shaped bars so I'd need to go to a straight bar?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13.25" Mahler risers on my 07. Stock wiring and cables with some re-routing. I ran these same risers on my 05 and 04 and well.

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
13.25" Mahler risers on my 07. Stock wiring and cables with some re-routing. I ran these same risers on my 05 and 04 and well.

So when you say 13.25" thats total height from the mounting plate to the handlebar height? that seems HUGE

Guess I won't need to lengthen my cables for sure then. Sweet

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of 9" black RSI's if ya want them. Make an offer.

Got a pic?
I might be interested in them if they will fit my '04 Summit "X". I did just go to RSI's site and they have adapters from the flat mount to T-bar style for $20 so it shouldn't be an issue adapting them if needed. Do they come with the inserts so I can use stock 7/8" bars or go up to the 1 1/8" ones if I want?

JR Ross

Reaction score
i have a stk set of risor & handle bars & gold finger i just took off my 04 rev summit x,has the tallest risor because was an x.make me an offer.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the steering post is different between the x and the adrenaline so I think I need an adaptor or something. this is my first sled so i don't really know much about the differences. I think I really only need another 3 inches and would like the bars to angle back more. Looked in a couple of catalogues and holy crap there is alot of options. I like the idea of the telescopic risers but wonder if they hold really well or are prone to movement?
Any suggestions/experiences on those?
I guess if I go that route I need to replace bars as well cuz I think the min rise on those is like 4" and I've got the big u shaped bars so I'd need to go to a straight bar?
There is a difference between the X and Adrenalin for the 04 through 06 models, if you've got the Adrenalin then you'll need an adapter for it.

I've got a buddy that has those RSI adjustable risers on both his Summits and he has had no issues with them moving. He is 6'2" and he loves having the adjustable option.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is a 04 adren.... i ve got a 3 inch block riser and did the 1.5 stem rise [ which relocates the steering stem bolts.. ] so it is now 5 inches taller.... the bars are allmost straight with the stem and not at a bad angle like they were with out the bolt relocate.... i was worried about the stem breaking off cause of the angle.... im 6 '2 and its just the right hight...

i wish i had the motion risers tho... cause u don't allways want chopper bars [ for the 3 foot woops trail back down the mountain ]

Top Bottom