165 Tunnel Linq 3rd row?

SSP

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just bought a 2018 Summit X 165 track. So stoked on the upgrade from my 2014 XM 154. I was surprised to see there doesn't seem to be a spot for a 3rd row of Linq brackets on the tunnel. Has anyone mounted a third set? If so, do you have photos? Thanks!

Also, any pointers on setup and mods are appreciated. The sled was a bone stock rental, nice and clean, 3700km and a year of warranty left. So far I've installed a Munster finger throttle and guard, and am putting a shorter riser and CFR Boondocker 2.0 bars. I'm 6' tall so I'm still torn on riser height. Tried a 3" riser with the stock bars but it was a little low and I don't like the width of the stock bars. The CFR bars have 2" of rise compared to the 1" on the stock bars, so I'm not sure if 5" total rise will be enough, or if I should try a 4" riser with the CFR bars (6" total rise). Thoughts?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd row is marked on tunnel Narrower than the other two. You can hook your tail flap in it.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys go regular width on the 3rd spot... then your Jerry can or small bag can go wherever. I think the narrow 3rdrow is used on minimal accessories like the snowboard rack and the first year old the big mountain bag uses 2 and narrow 3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not a mini van ����������

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't carry gas can on third row. Thats why they make it narrow,light weight only

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally don’t think you need the third row. Unless you carry lots of stuff and fuel and oil which is a little useless. Just take a first aid, space blanket, and some common tools. Unless you add a heavy duty rear bumper then I wouldn’t. As for set up I’d get better shocks

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FreeRide with spring spacers... no need for better shocks...

I agree with the weight not being back there but an empty jerry? move your bag closer at the end of the day? come'on Man....

The narrow design is silly. show me where it works better?

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. I put 3rd same as others. That way did not drill into bottom plate of rad. Wish it had a little more cooling power.

Top Bottom