Riding in Blue River

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the riding in blue river? any one been there lately? Have been invited to go there and have never been.

03predator500

Reaction score
How is the riding in blue river? any one been there lately? Have been invited to go there and have never been.

The riding in Blue River is excellent! The snow is alot deeper in Blue river then Valemount and there's alot less riders. I like it better then Valemount.

bigblock600

Reaction score
Blue river has way more snow!. the only problem is none of the trails up the mountains are gromed, so a 10 mile ride up to the alpine feels like it takes forever. but hey theres no fees, and little traffic. you just have to know where to go.

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on riding Blue River for the first time this year. How can I find out where to ride? Are there any resources that would list the riding locations? Or do I just drive down the hwy and park with all the other trucks?

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our first time riding blue river we used the services of Robyn from 'blue jewel' (sorry don't have a link or phone number). He took us to two places (Finn and another one), was worth every penny. As was said in previous posts, not a lot of signage and no groomed trails but sometimes it's worthwhile to put in a little extra effort!. Bill and the staff from Glacier Mountain lodge are also 'sledder-friendly' but there is also the Weigle heli-skiing operation that are not!.
Oh, and by the way...don't ride on Mud River!! 'nuff-said':cool:

bigblock600

Reaction score
We always ride at Finn (groundhog mountain).
just travel about 15k south of blue river on the highway and its the compressor station on the left right after the "little hells gate" sign. you can park there usually. just follow the forestry road up into the cut blocks and into the alpine. also, you can get to the wells gray prov park area by riding right from the glacier mtn lodge. its a long trek, but worth it.

Snowman

Reaction score
You can get all the info you need about ridding in the area at the Glacier or by calling Robin at Blue Jewel 250 673-8296. We will be at the snow show next weekend booth 72 and would be happy to answer all questions.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it about the Mud River FSR???
Just curious.

Long, long story but the end goes something like this...Bombardier makes wonderful water products, however an RT-1000 ain't one of em'. Mainly because they don't float!, and Mud River is about six feet deep!. The story is a testament to the folks at Glacier Mtn lodge being very helpful ie: tow straps, blankets, large carafes of hot water etc...the rest is self explanatory. :cool:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit Blue River last year for the first time, and it's probably going to be a hotspot for our group from here on out. We were avid riders to Valemount, but the extra half hour drive cuts the sledders numbers down by I would say 75% or more! It's a great little piece of heaven.

We had the services of a local guy(Can't remember his name now, but he was dating the girl from the restaurant :p ). He set up flag points for a few summits, and gave is a grand tour the area over 4 days. There are some gorgeous bowls throughout that area!

-rossco-

Reaction score
wats the snow situation like, wat would your predictions for depth up in them hills be.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
I live in Blue river and I agree with comments above, we do live in sled paradise, there are quit a few areas signage is limited though, Robin at blue jewel with definitly help you out. Looks like a groomer will be around this year so it will see a little more traffic but NOTHING like Valemount. O yah did I mention we get a tonne more snow than our valemount friends. More snow and less crowds you do the math!!!!

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really need to hook up with someone that know the Blue River area.I like the idea that not many people go there.I road once there and it was awsome for spring riding but the trail sucked

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Right now its trying to snow in town more of a wet rainy snow. The whole valley is socked in so there is more snow accumulating in the higher elevations. I think it's still to soon to sled anything more than logging roads right now the creeks have'nt frozen in yet and need more snow to cover the hazards (stups and rocks) I'll try to ride this weekend and report back.

oldballs

Reaction score
glaicer mt lodge just woundering how or if we can help with some sighns or what you need for sighns let me know no promises but i will try!!!

there is a lot of sleders out this way if we do just a bit may help a lot ??

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
We are planning on signing at least one area this year and flagging the rest.
We will be doing hand drawn maps for this year and go from there. We will also be having the roads in groomed. Will let you now if we need anything thank you for the offer.:)

Top Bottom