Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, the top water is everywhere now, that could soften the ice enough to cause a issue. After packing the trail across the lake it is good, but if you move left or right from the packed trail is very wet.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
It's time to start my own protest."GROOM NO MORE" I'm out in the cold grooming my pants off and all it does out here is keep snowing and covering up my beautifully groomed trails. That's it, I'm not grooming anymore until you get out and beat the snow up. It snowed another 4 inches today, this is B.S. !!

See you on the trails
Don
:winkmsn:

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
It's time to start my own protest."GROOM NO MORE" I'm out in the cold grooming my pants off and all it does out here is keep snowing and covering up my beautifully groomed trails. That's it, I'm not grooming anymore until you get out and beat the snow up. It snowed another 4 inches today, this is B.S. !!

See you on the trails
Don
:winkmsn:

I will be out on the weekend and head out that way to try do my part and pack it down.:cool:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it's snowing,, AGAIN!!! so get out into the wild's of N.E. Alberta and go for a ride this weekend.
Now, please be cautious on any ice covered surface, there is a very good chance of TOP water being under the snow. the weight of 2.5 feet of snow is too much for some beaver damed area's, old slough lakes etc. Make your ride fun and safe, and sober. To get serious for a second, the normal Golden hour for rescue in the city is about four hours here at the lake if you have a wreck. Ambulances don't travel well on a snowmobile trail.
Someone put a trail map on a tree at the front end of the Narrows trail just off the Lake, it may help a few that are not too sure of the close in area's, and I noticed a few new arrows that point you in the direction of the Lake if you get turned around out there.

Have to work on saturday, but see you on the trails on Sunday
Don
P.S. I haven't groomed since last sunday so get out there and ride on about 8 inches of fresh powder!!!
C U

:canada::d:d:d

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know its good when the groomer operator begs people to run his trails. Why Don? Do you want to groom again??

Hay Glen, is there a chance I might get a dose of Groomer Withdrawal ? I don't want that to happen!!
Oh ya, Riding on saturday, took the day off.
See you on the trails
Don

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
All I can say is wow! The riding is great at the lake.
The lake has a lot of top water, be carefull
See you on the trails
Don

sledd boy

Reaction score
Hi Don good to se you yeaterday. Awsome job trails have never been better. The riding was the best good snow but still a few rocks and stumps in the usual spots we all know where they are.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
All I can say is wow! The riding is great at the lake.
The lake has a lot of top water, be carefull
See you on the trails
Don

Didn't make it all the way to the lake, way to much snow in the bush by home that has not been touched yet. Not going to get the 163 stuck but the youngest one had the 550 Super Sport pinned to break trail in the lease. In the bush it is a few inches above the knee and still lots of cut lines not touched for next weekend.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well got two nice rides in on the weekend, just a little update for the area. The trails that are groomed held up well, the north-south trail from the "T" took a beating and is lumpy down the middle of it so if you are on it slide over and staddle when your on it, that will save it a bit. The trail down to Walton's mountian got quite a bit of traffic, it is a new trail that I just started grooming did well but needs some TLC.
The pipeline is great, there was construction north of the Figure lake Compressor station, it seems to be completed, all the equipment has been moved out.
The trails north of the Lake towards the Steel bridge are in need of a groomer, they are rough to say the least. Too far for me.
I stay off the L.Lake creek to the north, so no info on it's condition.
I will do my best to get some groomer time in on friday.
So plan on a trip to the wilds's of Alberta this weekend, it's going to be great.

See you on the trails
Don:eek::cool:

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding around Skeleton Lake this last weekend and all i can say is WOW IS THE SNOW DEEEEP. Awesome conditions up there. The snow was nut deep where i took this pic.
Boyle 2.jpg

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
For those of you that ride the Lake area it's been great this year, the trails are hanging in and it keeps on snowing out here. No grooming for the next couple of weeks, sorry folks but work is taking over my semi retirement.
So when you come out to your favorite riding area, bring gas, belts, and lots of smiles.
See you on the trails in a few weeks
Don :cool:

Last edited:

mtnlite

Reaction score
Thanx for your updates Don, have been riding out of Skeleton and this season have put on 1,400 km on my spanky (not so new now) 2013 summit sport. You are right it has been a great season so far for "riding at the lake"...found at least 4 feet in one of the slews, just like heaven I'm sure.
Thanx Again
Kimt

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good out here
Bring a big shovel if you're coming out, your driveway is over a foot deep

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good out here
Bring a big shovel if you're coming out, your driveway is over a foot deep

Haha Dually Noted!, I will be in Mcbride but Rick will be coming out (sunday, monday i think) and looking to ride so if you're going bug him to go, that sled of his wont ride itself :)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well took the day off and went grooming. Put about 90 km on today, everything is in great shape.
Now the snow doesn't look too deep, walk off the groomed trails and you are 2.5 feet of snow, very nice.
See you on the trail next week
Don:cool:
My latest utube, Hit on the Gear looking Icon and go to 360 for better quality

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So if a few Snow Angels were to come up to check the area out where would we stage from?? Nice job Don

Top Bottom