Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Forgot to mention on my last note. Long Lake has a lot of TOP water on it now so this could be a pain if you or a mate gets caught up in it.
The path from Block 14 beach to the enterance on the far side is OK, I have packed that for weeks now and is not going to have that issue.
See you on the trail
When it warms up
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
groomer 1.JPG 001 [1280x768].JPG Hi Folks
Was out in the Balmy -20 c grooming today, if you thought the trails were ok when I had packed them wait until you see how the groomer cleans up the moguls.
See you on the trails
Don :xmas-smiley-005:

Attachments

• 002 [1280x768].JPG
    002 [1280x768].JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

gander

Reaction score
Do you think the electric jack i dropped off might work? if so will get u a second one.

Great job on the trails.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
groommer33.jpg Well folks I have figured out the heights for the cutting blades and the moguls are being filled in with every pass, I use to dread the first 5 Km and now it's a pleasure to ride on. Grooming will continue beyond the first 5 km starting tomorrow, I have received many thanks and some nice donations for fuel.
If you see this sign I will be out there somewhere, when you are passing or coming from behind go by slow I will pull over and let you pass.
See you on the trails
Don :rino::thumbsup2: I must admit my Rhino is dealing with the grooming quite well

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You got a licience to run a B-train Don? LOL Looks good we will be up to check it out this year.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen
Yes I have a class 1
And I have a 8 ft piece of plactic culvert here for you, already cut in half
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well folks
Put 45 km on the groomer today, cleaned up the trail to the south grazing reserve and half way around the Family loop. Will head to the Black tub and out to the Big pipeline tomorrow.
Beautiful day but a little chilly!!

You know that feeling that there's something not quite right but your not sure, you should look behind you when that happens and pull the log out from under the drag!!
The other pic is the trail that travels south to the grazing reserve.

See you on the trails
Don :eek:
008 [1280x768].JPG 011 [1280x768].jpg

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nice trail there don I like how you went 2 wide. Add to width but safety also as your more away from any danger on the edges. Wider is better that way the middle doesn`t always get beat to S$%t.
Excellent job

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Hope all is well with you during the holiday's
Put 60 km on the groomer today, made it out to the pipeline via the Black tub and skirted the north east end of Figure lake, it was a great day and a nice ride. Nothing like a heated cab, some good tunes and a big turkey sandwich.
The first pic is a stretch of about 2km and it doesn't have a ripple on that track, I bet you could get a sled going at least 50 km/h without any problem on that run!!
The snow dept on the pipeline is about 18 inches and my knee in the bushes.

Well it's suppose to get warmer for the weekend, get out and enjoy the wilds of Alberta
See you on the trails
Don :canadaflag:
001 [1280x768].JPG 002 [1280x768].jpg

Last edited:

daniump

Reaction score
Hey there, thinking about taking the kids up to long lake for some ice fishing and a little rip on the sleds. Never been there before so am wondering where to stage from and where the best trails are. Any info would b greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Hope all is well with you during the holiday's
Put 60 km on the groomer today, made it out to the pipeline via the Black tub and skirted the north east end of Figure lake, it was a great day and a nice ride. Nothing like a heated cab, some good tunes and a big turkey sandwich.
The first pic is a stretch of about 2km and it doesn't have a ripple on that track, I bet you could get a sled going at least 50 km/h without any problem on that run!!
The snow dept on the pipeline is about 18 inches and my knee in the bushes.

Well it's suppose to get warmer for the weekend, get out and enjoy the wilds of Alberta
See you on the trails
Don :canadaflag:
View attachment 145098View attachment 145099

Don I like the pattern you are leaving behind. You flattened a culvert and attatched it to you pan???
Trail narrows ahead sign???

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen
Just trying it, I still get the compaction after the snow leaves the collector and the snow is there for cooling the slider as well.
No signage, we are still Renegades here at the Lake.
See you on the trails
Don :sorry:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much snow do you think is out there Don? I'd like to come out maybe but not worth it for me unless two feet of fresh

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how much snow do you think is out there Don? I'd like to come out maybe but not worth it for me unless two feet of fresh

2Feet of FRESH??? Come on we live in Alberta when have we had 2 feet of fresh. I sure hope your just kidding, really. Looks like 1.5 feet only better keep waiting.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just got in from a 4 hour stint on the groomer. Beautiful night to be out there. Now for the snow depth, come out and see, it`s great at the Lake!!
Hay Glen, the folks out here like groomed trails too. Got stopped again tonight by a group of four sledders and thanked.
See you on the trails
Don :i_need_snow::eek:

Top Bottom