Riding at the lake 4th addition !!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just got in from a 4 hour stint on the groomer. Beautiful night to be out there. Now for the snow depth, come out and see, it`s great at the Lake!!
Hay Glen, the folks out here like groomed trails too. Got stopped again tonight by a group of four sledders and thanked.
See you on the trails

Don :i_need_snow::eek:

Does your trailer haul the groomer also?? We had a busy weekend. My New Year eve maybe on a Scandic SWT pulling a groomer. Need something to do with your time??? We have bumpy trails

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen there is room for one or the other but not both, sorry. The groomer is 11 x 5.5 and the rhino is about the same.
With the response I`m getting from the folks here at the Lake, I`m going to have to stay put. Planned on going for a riding tomorrow.
:sorry:

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Don Just wondering. You have a wonderfull ride you have earned it. Groomer Guy always get lunch bought for them.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it's around 3 pm on New Years day here at the Lake, it has been many years since I've seen this many people out
enjoying the area. Between the the ice fisher's, skiers, and sledders the place was just hopping. Had a great turnout for the blk party last night, the weather was the best I could remenber.
Now the trails took a beating and I just got back from a nice ride and they're in pretty good shape. I would say there was at least 500 sleds crossed over the trail at the Narrows entrance. In past years it would be one continuous mogul for 30 kms, but not this year it is great, if I do say so my self. I will let the snow rest for a couple of days and get back on the groomer and get it ready for next weekend. I did notice the further you got away from the Lake the trails are showing signs of moguls but it is caused from me not packing it enough early in the season, live and learn.

Hope you all have a safe and Happy New year
See you on the trails
Don

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Folks
I was out tonight and groomed for a few hours, the trails are holding up quite well. Tomorrow will be a long day, I'll finish the trails I normally groome at the Lake and they should be good for the weekend. So everyone get out and enjoy this weekend because it's going to get dam chilly by next weekend.
See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Put a full day on the groomer, about 70 kms, trails look good. Now if I could only convince the folks to stagger when they ride, that would save having to go over the trails 4-5 times to get the moguls cut out.
Hope you all have a safe riding weekend
See you on the trails
Don:):i_need_snow:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Hope all of you riding today had as good a ride as I. The trail from the Lake to the "T" and down to the grazing reserve, is smooth as a table but in needs some snow, a little hard on the sliders.
I was out on Figure Lake today, the east side at about the half way mark is quite wet so use caution if riding there, stay close to the shore.

Got down to the north end of the Smoky Lake club trails, near Hanmore Lake, beautiful area

The pipe line is in good shape, quite a few tracks but nice to ride on, lots of happy sledders today everyone was waving.

The Pipe line approx5 km north of the Figure Like Compressor station is under construction, I will assume another pipe is going to be put in, it is on the west side of the line and travels north towards the Valley. There is a trail on the east side and it is usable for now.

See you on the trails
Don

Last edited:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like you have been busy putting on the miles, hope you have a collection jar well posted on your machine, all fun at the start but a little compensation goes a long way for future efforts.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shrek the people at the Lake have been kind to the cause, they like the smooth trails and have been generous in many ways.

I spent the day servicing the Rhino, complete oil change, diffs included, new drive belt, and a grease job. that thing is in good shape and ready to continue, if we ever get any snow.

OK people, get those snow dancin shoes on and get at it we need snow here at the Lake.
See you on the trails
Don :i_need_snow::i_need_snow::i_need_snow:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Folks
We got an inch today, keep it up, more snow dancing required !!
See you on the trails
Don

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Don
Have you come accross my friend here yet ? Scene this one on the road heading into the grazing lease back in November

Attachments

• cat2.jpg
    cat2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 230

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay stranger
Not that guy, but I have heard there is a few cougars in the reserve down in the Johnson Valley area
You know when grooming at night I'm always looking over my shoulder for a Sasquash!!
:winkmsn:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well that 4 inches sure helped the trails out, no issues with melting the sliders now.
Put 70 km on today grooming, do the trails look good!
Now for those who want to know what the pipe line looks like, here's a pic for you, and there is knee high snow on it.
Plus the things you get to see when your grooming, these Swamp Donkeys were down on the grazing reserve

Now the trails that I have groomed are in good shape and I will be able to maintain them over the winter, if you have a trail that you would like packed and groomed in the area that I can get through come and see me and we could take a look at it. The trail needs to be about 8 feet wide to groom. The Alberta Regs. say DO NO HARM, so if we have to do some logging, sorry.

See you on the trails
Don:cool:

. 001 [1280x768].JPG 002 [1280x768].JPG 003 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don, the trails that you have groomed are awesome! We were out yesterday and probably the only ones sledding other than all the folks ice fishing. Kudos to your hard work making the area a lot nicer to ride and enjoy. I will have to stop by and donate to your fuel fund.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kinds words
Well now I have the main trails pretty tight, I will try to do a little more. I will start doing the trail down on to the lake we call the Waltons mountain run, that one comes out across from the main beach, I was on that run today, boy is it rough. The other one will be an extension of the run to the grazing reserve that runs along the top of the lake heading south to the Map, that needs some attention as well.

See you on the trails
Don :eek:;):):cool:

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the kinds words
Well now I have the main trails pretty tight, I will venture now to do more. I will start doing the trail down on to the lake we call the Waltons mountain run, that one comes out across from the main beach, I was on that run today, boy is it rough. The other one will be an extension of the run to the grazing reserve that runs along the top of the lake heading south to the Map, that needs some attention as well.

See you on the trails
Don :eek:;):):cool:

Don dont forget you own a snowmobile also. Just saying. If I had a heater I would be out like you also

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well put 55 km on the groomer today, the trail I call the Walton's Mountian run is as smooth as a babies butt. this trail is approx 10 km south of the "T" and runs down to the lake and comes out just south of the Parks main beach. From a lumpy bumpy trail to this.
Over the last few days we picked up another 5 inches of snow, I would say there is almost two feet of snow in the bush, thats pretty good for this time of the year.

See you on the trails
Don ;):)

jan 17 009 [1280x768].JPG jan 17 008 [1280x768].JPG

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Put some time on the groomer today, the trails ended up with a good 6 inches over the last week, the snow is over my knee in the bush, filled my boots a few times today.
The weather was cool but the hardy Albertians were out playing on the trails. The quads on the trails were very kind to them, no burning donuts or deep rutts. The groomer can look after their marks without issue.
See you on the trails
Don :thumbsup2:

Top Bottom