Riding at Alder Flats

jbax

Reaction score
A friend of mine has just got his first Quad and I was looking to take him out, he lives in Calmar so I was thinking about taking him to Alder Flats. I have never been there before and all the information I can find is telling me it might not be for beginners, can anyone tell me if there are easy trails for him to learn on or any other riding areas in the Calmar/Leduc area??
Thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has just got his first Quad and I was looking to take him out, he lives in Calmar so I was thinking about taking him to Alder Flats. I have never been there before and all the information I can find is telling me it might not be for beginners, can anyone tell me if there are easy trails for him to learn on or any other riding areas in the Calmar/Leduc area??
Thanks

Haven't been there in a few years but there is tonnes of easy riding there. Lots of trails, lots of stuff you can pick and choose how difficult you want to go. The only thing I noticed is that it can get busy.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You can also go down south on 22 a little farther and you would run into a tonne of crown land and all oil lease roads if you want real easy.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
If you go right through the town of elder flatts going west, you will find a staging area in your right. Then south of the staging area there is a trail that opens up.lots if wet clay when I was there last year. Some deep holes. What day are you guys going?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go right through the town of elder flatts going west, you will find a staging area in your right. Then south of the staging area there is a trail that opens up.lots if wet clay when I was there last year. Some deep holes. What day are you guys going?

Went up there last year and mostly rode North of the staging area. We were a bit disappointed 'cause we kept dead ending. So, you're saying cross the gravel road that we come in on and head South?

Billydozer56

Reaction score
We went north first ran into dead ends, so we came back and gone south. We played in this bog for a while. But then my buddy broke a cv joint on his Polaris. We had to call it a day. We met some other guys heading that way, they said it goes on for a long way. I did not see it for myself.

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot of area west of rose creek just make sure he don't mind getting dirty and wet lol not been out there in a few years :-( but always a good time ,,,, maybe I should dust off the rhino

Toxic

Reaction score
Unloaded last year at staging area and went back towards town a couple miles and found some new trail that was all really good for beginners, day before ventured the other way but most old established trails are pretty rutted for small machines, lot of fun on the big stuff but I would say it has more to do with ground clearance than rider experience level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom