Ride with a neck brace?

kreps306

Reaction score
Who all rides with a neck brace? any pros and cons to using one other than the obvious. Also do you run a airbag with the brace? opinions on this topic!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had neck surgury and would also like to find info on neck braces. If you guys are riding with them. What are some brands to look at?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The should work fine with a bag. I haven't tried one yet but know if guys running a back pack with them and chest protector. I am thinking about getting one this year for the bike

kreps306

Reaction score
Ive done some reading on them. Lots of Options. Alpinestare,Atlas,Leatt,Fly racing has one also. All seem to do what there supposed to but the Atlas brace is less restrictive than some others. Only thing with running say a snowpulse vest would the brace restrict the bag inflation??

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have rode a dirt bike for the past few years with one. Takes a major strain off the back off your neck especially after miles of sand whoops in the desert..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have rode a dirt bike for the past few years with one. Takes a major strain off the back off your neck especially after miles of sand whoops in the desert..
Really? I would have thought it would be a little tougher. Good to hear. Makes me want to try one even more. Thanks.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my neck at the beginning of last season(dec 2/12) and when I finally got back on a sled in march, I rode with a neck brace. I bought the Leatt carbon fiber(gpx I think). It is a one button quick release,super easy to take off.I wear a Float 30 backpack and six six one body armour. I have to wear the brace on the outside of my jacket, but found it very comfortable. I have not tried any others, but I am confident had I been wearing it that day, the results would have been different.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I would have thought it would be a little tougher. Good to hear. Makes me want to try one even more. Thanks.

I should clarify... the one I use is just a flat donut shaped foam neck 'device' made by SIXSIXONE. It sits directly under the helmet and so it stops my head from bobbing up and down. Not a neck brace as such.

Rufer19

Reaction score
I bought an atlas neck brace. Been wearing it while snow biking. I wear it over top of my jacket, I also use a float 30 backpack. Everything seems to fit fine. I haven't pulled the cord on the bag while wearing the brace so I cannot comment on that. One thing I can say is I thought I would feel a lot more restriction especially while wearing it over top of my jacket but am not limited in movement side to side at all. It does come with a body harness/strap but I haven't been wearing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of it or links?

There are various versions from various companies. Sure stopped my neck pain on long stand up rough trail rides especially Utah's endless sand whoops...

images.jpeg

Top Bottom