Ride Rasmussen Style Riding Clinic...... 2012

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date

Where would you like to see this clinic held?

• Total voters

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Tyler it's nice to see you finally come out from the closet. Yes we did not ride the first day because of temp. I know you can not change that. It really not the temp that bugs me it's the fact that if one of my friends was to get hurt out there things would have went bad really fast. Do you know how fast hypothermia sets in when some one is in shock. As for the second day we went up with the group did as told. After being there for a little while my one friend did not want to do the clinic. He felt it was way over his head and said he was going to go and hang at the cabin for the day. This is the friend that had not payed for the course. So no money lost. While him and one other friend went up to the cabin I and one other dropped down to find tylers friend to tell him we were going to the cabin with our friend but we wanted to keep going with the clinc. We told him where we would be after not hearing from any one for some time we decided to go ride on our own. As for the money at this point I really don't even care what you decide to do. All I want people to know is buyer beware. The thing out of all of this that bugs me the most is hownyou feel I am okay with leaving some one in the back country for the wolves. I have been ridding with the same group for along time and the one rule I have is if one is not feeling it we don't go. Also sled momma.If I new how to get a hold of Brett I would. I feel he is a great guy. Just not represented by the right people.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Tyler it's nice to see you finally come out from the closet. Yes we did not ride the first day because of temp. I know you can not change that. It really not the temp that bugs me it's the fact that if one of my friends was to get hurt out there things would have went bad really fast. Do you know how fast hypothermia sets in when some one is in shock. As for the second day we went up with the group did as told. After being there for a little while my one friend did not want to do the clinic. He felt it was way over his head and said he was going to go and hang at the cabin for the day. This is the friend that had not payed for the course. So no money lost. While him and one other friend went up to the cabin I and one other dropped down to find tylers friend to tell him we were going to the cabin with our friend but we wanted to keep going with the clinc. We told him where we would be after not hearing from any one for some time we decided to go ride on our own. As for the money at this point I really don't even care what you decide to do. All I want people to know is buyer beware. The thing out of all of this that bugs me the most is hownyou feel I am okay with leaving some one in the back country for the wolves. I have been ridding with the same group for along time and the one rule I have is if one is not feeling it we don't go. Also sled momma.If I new how to get a hold of Brett I would. I feel he is a great guy. Just not represented by the right people.

I have that information- If you PM me your email or phone number, I will make Bret aware of the situation and try to have him contact you ASAP... Perhaps he will do more than berate and insult you under two different names? One can hope.

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

His contact is on his website and if u think I have not been in contact with him regarding ur concerns think again! Its just kinda hard when he is still traveling home from bc and his cell reception is poor.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tyler, Ase or Honda310 or all of the above....the post I liked has a GREAT point... "I am curious if Bret knows about the issues being expressed on here though- he is a very down to earth guy with alot of integrity and I believe he would try (alot harder than Tyler has) to rectify the situation." I don't know you nor do I care to after your comments so I won't comment on how you're handling your situation....I just know that Brett is a stand up guy and probably doesn't even know this is happening. It is unfortunate...as were the circumstances.

I know Brett and have ridden with him and raced against him....he is a VERY reasonable guy. So if you think the fact that I agree with the post that says he probably doesn't know what is going on is kicking him while he is down you have me mistaken...I'll just let you do all the talking. I, as much as you, don't want uto see any negativity toward riding clinics or the industry in general. We are all doing it to help people be safer in the backcountry and help them sharpen their boondocking skills.

I'm glad I have people letting me know when a comment is made toward me...I honestly probably would have missed this one. At least now you can see why I liked that particular comment. Goodnight....tomorrow brings another awesome day in the backcountry. Please be safe out there

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tyler,
Have you ever heard the saying that "the customer is always right"? Or perhaps this one: "perception is the only reality" ?? Well, both apply in this case.

It is the perception of some of your attendees that they did not receive value for the substantial money they paid. What they are telling you is that this is their perception and therefore, their reality: accomodations were frigid, instruction was lacking, and disorder seemed to prevail on the mountain. They traveled long and far and may have even taken time off from work only to be delivered a product that in their view, was substandard.

Your reality was different: you tried hard to book a kickass clinic and accomodations; weather was out if your control and you busted your ass to see to the needs of Bret and his students. All of this may be true, and kudos to you for your efforts, but it doesn't make your clients wrong or any less pissed.

The view from their side is clearly different and you need to do yourself and ASE a favor and acknowledge their contentions and rectify it. You have their phone numbers- why not just phone them and deal in person, instead of coming on here as Honda310R and belittling them and then as ASE and defending your side of the story?? It's not helping those concerned to cool their jets any...

Put away your pride and try to remember that you may have worked your ass off for this clinic, but these people paid for the clinic and froze theirs off... Literally. Ya- it sucks to hear criticism when you tried so hard, but maybe think about the backlash and fallout for Rasmussen and ASE...

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

Like I mentioned before I have been in contact with bret today it has been very little as he has bad cell reception. I have spoken to him about ur concerns and we are looking into them. I am not here to burn anyone and neither is he. I am not in the shop yet and he has not made back either it is very hard to look at a game plan for this situation when neither are in the office. Yes I am looking into some sort of compensation just not sure what yet! I will be in the shop at 9 on monday if you have any more concerns please contact me there at 780 464 7788. And we can discuss ur individual situation then. I would please ask any concerns be phoned in and not posted as this is a very very good clinic the last 2 days just had several obstacles to go around. Thanks Tyler

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Glad i missed the Drama!! Why cant problems have a chance to be resolved before they are blown out of proportion on a website were no one will have the b***s too admit they might or were wrong and should have waited for an answer before blowing things possibly out of contexted!! Just my 2 cents!

Dragin

Reaction score
Tyler make sure I'm on your call list or PM me if you don't have my # I'll be back to work Wednesday and may be out of touch for a couple weeks.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree i hope this gets sorted out. I have talked to bret on many occasions and have never had a hard time gettin ahold of him. What i can honestly say from all of my dealings with bret is that he is a great guy to deal with and seems to be a very standup guy. Maybe spindrift will have to look at hosting one of his clinics next year. Kinda like we were working on setting up before ase jumped in last year. But i know the people thatwere all involved in getting it set-up so we werent able to have it all set-up thru us. Its all good cause karma can be a b&t$h.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree i hope this gets sorted out. I have talked to bret on many occasions and have never had a hard time gettin ahold of him. What i can honestly say from all of my dealings with bret is that he is a great guy to deal with and seems to be a very standup guy. Maybe spindrift will have to look at hosting one of his clinics next year. Kinda like we were working on setting up before ase jumped in last year. But i know the people thatwere all involved in getting it set-up so we werent able to have it all set-up thru us. Its all good cause karma can be a b&t$h.

All i can say is Glen if u did the clinic it would be awesome.You have one of the best reputations on this site,and i know your clinic would book up fast.You bend over backwards for all sledders that come to McBride,so a clinic by Spindrift is an awesome idea.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested glen, just let me know the dates so I can book rooms at my favorite place to stay there :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i think that i will have to get ahold of bret and see what we can do about gettin some stuff figured out for next season.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow .... some one needs some cheese and tissue's....."Days of our Lifes" to be continued

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I barely ride with my buddies that have cats anymore so I put a cat sticker on my trailer just to be make up for being outnumbered all the time and the laugh I get unloading xp's out of the cat trailer, any pics or clips in action from the days?

Top Bottom