Rene St. Onge and Geoff Kyle Free ride Clinic

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off I must say I just one of the most exciting, heart pounding weekend of sledding in a long time. Traveled to Sicamous Thursday and arrived at the Eagle Valley Lodge, were everyone going to the clinic had already got there a day early like ourselves. Had a great night of BS'in...load testing Rene's overhead crane in his shop, changing out some shocks getting sleds ready to go.

The next morning we got up had breakfast and headed out to Owlshead. The visibility was great blue bird for most of the day, the snow was challenging at times as it had rained a bit during the night leaving a crust layer on top of about a foot of pow. Rene and Geoff joined up with us midway through the day and hook us into some great spots. That evening Rene Geoff and the group had a meeting filling out sheets on what each person was most interested in working on. I really thought this was a great idea as well as breaking the ice on what to expect direction on the way the weekend was going to play out.

The second day (first day of the clinic) we went up Eagles pass, still had a crust layer but closer to 2 feet of pow under it. Rene and Geoff were great took people to the comfort pint and beyond which at the end of the day people were saying I would have never tried anything like that unless encouraged and shown by the pro's. The ride the trail was whooped basically from top to bottom.

Saturday night was a Catered dinner at the Burner...the food was second to none!..Thanks to the staff at the Burner for serving us such a great meal.

Sunday we were back up Eagles to find the trail not even groomed turns out they don't groom until there is 75 users...well the day before there was 67!..wasn't to happy about that! Once up top the group split in two for rider ability. This worked great I was challenged even harder and did the best decent I have ever done!...Heart pounding from the moment I walk to the edge to pick my line to the moment I shut the sled off looking back up at what I just dropped down through!...AWESOME! I made it and now want to do it again!.

It was great great time from learning, trying, doing! and watching!..Seeing Rene and Geoff ride is a lot of fun! and at times jaw dropping at what they even do!..Sure there was times where I thought they both needed their heads check!..but wow, truly awesome!

Thanks Rene, Geoff and thanks JR for getting such great pictures throughout the weekend and helping with riders as well!

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures, Rene standing the XM on end, Geoff doing a beauty carve, group shot at staging area, group shot at the Burner, me coming down a slope.

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2711.JPG
    IMG_2711.JPG