Ride, eat, and stay with Chris Brown in Valemount!!

Summit69

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got off the phone with Chris Brown and he will be hosting a riding clinic in Valemount February 3-4-5 2012!! The clinic is meant for riders of all skill levels, and will help develop or improve your backcountry skills. Chris says it will be a great camp that promotes avalanche awareness/safety, reading terrain and riding skills (boondocking, sidehilling, climbing, jumping, etc). Basically it will help everyone have a safer, better time in the backcountry.

He and his guests will be staying with us at the Summit River Lodge during his clinic..

Nathan​

Last edited by a moderator:

Summit69

Reaction score
Hi Curtis,

I gave Chris your contact info as he was asking who has tenure for the riding areas in Valemount. I'll send you a pm with more info.

Nathan

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much is this one 900 ?n how many peeps?

The cost is $795 including your accomodation, 3 meals a day, professional photography and video critique at the end of Saturday, as well as some avy refreshers for all! The group will probably have 12 total, including Chris, photographer and a guide or rep from the sponsoring dealership. More details: Snowmobile Tours in Whistler, Pemberton and Slednecks Zones with Chris Brown and click on the "CLINICS" link.

There were six spots left last I heard and I know of two more who haven't thrown in the cash just yet, but are definitely going...

TroutHawk

Reaction score
What grown MAN would proclaim to teach what we do ? Everyone who rides learns every day on the hill every time they ride. I've learned over my last 20 yrs doing this that those who blow you away on the hill look the same as every one else in their crate! Nobody gets an IQ Test before they get to buy a mountain sled. I have to prove I am capable of owning a firearm, yet any Dope can buy a sled and put many lives at risk??? This guy wants to kill himself, let him! Leave the rest of us out of it!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What grown MAN would proclaim to teach what we do ? Everyone who rides learns every day on the hill every time they ride. I've learned over my last 20 yrs doing this that those who blow you away on the hill look the same as every one else in their crate! Nobody gets an IQ Test before they get to buy a mountain sled. I have to prove I am capable of owning a firearm, yet any Dope can buy a sled and put many lives at risk??? This guy wants to kill himself, let him! Leave the rest of us out of it!

What are going on about? He's giving pointers on how to improve your riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

" nowhere in your incoherant ramblings did you even come close to an intelligent response, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul". "Everyone here is now dumber for having read it."

Summit69

Reaction score
Anyone hear any details on this? I signed up through Chris's website but haven't heard any details?

Not sure on exact details as of yet, im sure they will be sorted out shortly here.

On another note, if anyone is interested in staying at the lodge on the night of the 5th after riding, they are more than welcome to. We just ask that you make arrangements with Chris and Michelle please, 250-566-9933. Thanks!!

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You my friend are a idiot. So in 20 years of riding its doesn't seem like you learned much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Thunder101

Reaction score

Everyone can learn something. Education is key, always in everything.
and yes your great, thx.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, I sent you a message a few weeks ago regarding this...I just sent you another. Please let me know that you received them.

Trouthawk, I think you may have this confused with some other clinics maybe. This clinic, just like the one we just taught in Golden, will focus on being safer in the backcountry. We will cover everything from reading avalanche terrain, safe route planning, avalanche search and rescue, boondocking skills, sidehilling, to sled control. Basically, the course is aimed to help people become more aware, safer, and more effective in the backcountry. Another goal of the clinic is to help people be able to ride in more technical terrain as well (tight trees for example). Highmarking is not something I teach...perhaps someone else is unfortunately. This clinic doesn't sound like it's for you but there are a lot of people that want to learn all of this so that they can go home every night and so that they can have MORE FUN in the backcountry.

Chemmond, I just got back from our Golden clinic 10 minutes ago. I will be sending an email to everyone that has signed up confirming the details soon. Cool? There will most likely be 8 people in the class...not including myself, the photographer/filmer, sponsor and tail guide. Hopefully this clears it up for everyone. I will post some pics, video and testemonials from the Golden clinic on here as soon as I can. Everyone learned a lot and had an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,Chris

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, I sent you a message a few weeks ago regarding this...I just sent you another. Please let me know that you received them.

Trouthawk, I think you may have this confused with some other clinics maybe. This clinic, just like the one we just taught in Golden, will focus on being safer in the backcountry. We will cover everything from reading avalanche terrain, safe route planning, avalanche search and rescue, boondocking skills, sidehilling, to sled control. Basically, the course is aimed to help people become more aware, safer, and more effective in the backcountry. Another goal of the clinic is to help people be able to ride in more technical terrain as well (tight trees for example). Highmarking is not something I teach...perhaps someone else is unfortunately. This clinic doesn't sound like it's for you but there are a lot of people that want to learn all of this so that they can go home every night and so that they can have MORE FUN in the backcountry.

Chemmond, I just got back from our Golden clinic 10 minutes ago. I will be sending an email to everyone that has signed up confirming the details soon. Cool? There will most likely be 8 people in the class...not including myself, the photographer/filmer, sponsor and tail guide. Hopefully this clears it up for everyone. I will post some pics, video and testemonials from the Golden clinic on here as soon as I can. Everyone learned a lot and had an awesome weekend. I really enjoyed it.

Cheers,Chris

Chris, I have not received any messages from you, except for one from S&M (that i cant seem to find on here ??) that went to my personal hotmail email account and ended up in my Junkmail. This is a VARDA matter so please try to call me at the office and I have also left my cell number on your answering machine. My correct contact info is at the bottom of every one of my posts, Im easy to get ahold of.

Looking forward to chatting !

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

next time save me the read and just write.... "i am a moron"

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com

Seriously??? Did you fall off your snowmobile and hit your keyboard?

jtilley

Reaction score
Good to do forsure!! Trust me I did it with Borchers and it put riding in a whole new perspective. These guys are good and if you want to better your riding you have to ride with better people that can teach you and push you. Browner is a hell of a rider and tons of experince and hats off to him after his crash last year to even be riding again

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been some changes made...due to some politics we had to modify this clinic. the next riding clinic in Valemount will now be held in March. Details soon...email me if interested. ridewithchris@gmail.com

I will say that Summit River Lodge is an awesome place to stay if you're snowmobiling in Valemount!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom