rhino / rzr

snowtractor

Reaction score
so let the fights begin i'm newly into the market for a sxs will either be a rhino or a rzr would like to know the pros and cons for each does the rhino fit in the back of the truck stuff like that

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes rhino fits in the back of a shortbed but rear wheels site on tailgate, fits nice in a longbox,.

If you do a search, there is actually a couple threads already started sometime in the past month about same topic.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your into, hunting, work, sport riding, where you ride and how you ride. The two are good but different machines. I have had my rzr for over a year now and love it, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your into, hunting, work, sport riding, where you ride and how you ride. The two are good but different machines. I have had my rzr for over a year now and love it, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
are the prices comming down at all on the rzr..... I sure hope so I want one but there bigger bucks.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they went up from when I bought my 09, I paid $12499 for mine, the 2010's are $13699 according to the polaris site, that was stock price.

I did have a look at the Yamaha site, on the 09 700, the base unit was $14999, not sure what the 2010's go for.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the prices comming down at all on the rzr..... I sure hope so I want one but there bigger bucks.

The limited edition models with the automotive style paint and graphics are $13,699. The RZR-S is a little more yet. If anyones interested I have an '09 RZR in the Nuclear Sunset orange with 711 miles, 89.5 hours for sale. PM me for details and price.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our rzr has 1100 km and no problems
Works great...

luvsmud

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2010 RZR Silver SE and the dealer misquoted me and honoured the quote at 12,300 , by the time i was done with add ons ( roof , nerf bars , front & back bumpers , half windshield , 5 point harness and Warn winch ) and tax it was just under $1500 and i just ordered the Racer tech 2 inch lift for $425 from the dealer . I have friends with rhino's and the love them other than the problem with blowing up front axels when they use the diff lock in high torque situations . My stock RZR runs circles around them in most areas and once the lift is in i expect to keep up in the mud . I opted for the regular RZR over the "S" model because i ride alot in tight wooded areas and wanted to keep the width as close to a quads so i would not have problems with narrow trails .

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like they went up from when I bought my 09, I paid $12499 for mine, the 2010's are $13699 according to the polaris site, that was stock price.

I did have a look at the Yamaha site, on the 09 700, the base unit was $14999, not sure what the 2010's go for.

Well makes sense, our dollar has been right around par with the american dollar, so prices have to go up.:rolleyes::dontknow:

booster

Reaction score
I have an 08 with less than 600 miles on it an hate the thing wish it would just catch fire. I got it in the summer of 08 and has been tore apart more than it has been on the trail. Just cooked the motor for the third time. the frame is built way to light and the roll cage protects you from nothing, trust me i rolled it and the stock cage folded like a cheap card table. then last spring i came out of a mud hole and as i came up to the exit i gave it some gas to come out the fronts when they came out snapped the tie rod sheared the cv and while the tires where still spining all the torque twisted the front frame. the rzr i feel is built to ride dunes not the trails out west. Ya it is fast and fun but has left me stranded sooooo many times. after the motor gets rebuilt this time it is ginna just be something for the wife and kid put around in. If you like to ride hard it wont last:mad:

markiedog

Reaction score
I have a 09 rzr with around 500 km on it . it's been driven extremely hard. Mountains, rocks, mud, skeg you name it we'll drive through it. rolled once cage saved our bacon.Little sanding and paint and that damage was fixed .Love our machine.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like my rzr only went for sportiness as i dont have acerage otherwise i think it may have been a rhino or treyx

Top Bottom