Rhino performance

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that I put a MPI performance CDI box on my Rhino and it topped out at 78 kms per hr. The stock one tops out at 64kms. I know that there is alot of junk ones out there and that people have reservations on them. This is from experience an this one works awesome. If you want to know where to get one and get a good deal then pm me and I will let you know.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey seeker, how does that snomobile clutch work compard to the stock wet one?[/QUO

I have only talked to someone that has it and they haven'tr had a problem yet. I am waiting for mine as It is suppose to be in this week. I will let you know. I asked the same question and they told me it will work the same as the stock clutch except more speed and quicker throttle response, the only thing that you loose is your engine breaking.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey snowseeker maybe look into yanking that little 660/700 and drop in a modded brute force 750 punched out to a 840 with the right tweaking and a little shot of Nos. That should have you in the ball park of about 116 hp....more than enough to give thrilling rides.
Check out page 98 in the new edition of dirtwheels. There is and article on full bore rhino's.

megatron customs

Reaction score
i have an 07 660 with a rev box and a clutch kit it will hold 86km on gravel on WOT and 75 km 1/4 thottle all day long

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 660 with a rev box and a clutch kit it will hold 86km on gravel on WOT and 75 km 1/4 thottle all day long

Ya but you have a non OEM primary.

I can do 78km on gravel WOT, with no primary sheave swap. I figure if I get a machined sheave or the HW rollers I can do close to 90km with lower rpm just like you :)

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that I put a MPI performance CDI box on my Rhino and it topped out at 78 kms per hr. The stock one tops out at 64kms. I know that there is alot of junk ones out there and that people have reservations on them. This is from experience an this one works awesome. If you want to know where to get one and get a good deal then pm me and I will let you know.

Snowseeker is that a 700efi or a 660 rhino?.My 09 700 does 81kmh on the flats with 26" xtrs and a modded sheave with the rev limiter.It will pull 84kmh going down hill.Not sure if the cost of a ignition box is worth a few more K's

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowseeker is that a 700efi or a 660 rhino?.My 09 700 does 81kmh on the flats with 26" xtrs and a modded sheave with the rev limiter.It will pull 84kmh going down hill.Not sure if the cost of a ignition box is worth a few more K's

It may not be worth the extra forward speed,.. but I can tell you right now, with it removing the reverse limiter its worth it.

Imo its a better bang for the buck than a new primary. I bought mine from hunterworks for $158usd, with FREE shipping to Canada.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may not be worth the extra forward speed,.. but I can tell you right now, with it removing the reverse limiter its worth it.

Imo its a better bang for the buck than a new primary. I bought mine from hunterworks for $158usd, with FREE shipping to Canada.

Yours is a 660 the recommended ignition for a 700 is the MSD and they are around $350USD. So far the reverse rev limiter has not been a problem for me as I am allways backing up slow trying not to hit a tree:d

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Snowseekers was a 660 and I think he was running it through a little more drive train that what you guys are probably running

Attachments

• 100_2066.jpg
    100_2066.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom