Reverse just stopped working on 09 m1000

mason1000

Reaction score
So I went out to the trailer to pull out the sleds to put in the shed and the one sled now has no reverse? I let it warm up well and then took it for a quick ten min ride shut it off and then tried it again an still no luck. Is there a fuse some where for that and is it just in the harness behind the steering stem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't go into reverse or do anything at all?Maybe there is moisture inside the switch on the handle bars.I've never had an issue with my 09 1000 but the wife's m6 has gave me grief before but that has the servo motor reverse.More info on what its doing I might have a few more ideas on whats going on.

mason1000

Reaction score
It won't do anything you hit the button and nothing happens not a noise or sound its like there is no power I will have to take it apart and get out the test light I guess. It's just strange we used it 5 or 6 times in Mcbride unloading it from the trailer and no issues then try to pull It out here and nothing???

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suspect the problem is in the handlebar switch, or a pinched wire. No fuses in RER system on a doo, but perhaps Cat added one when they put in on (it's the same system, just borrowed technology).I always used to remove the switch on my doo's and relocate it to the riser block, and fill the ends with silicone to prevent moisture in switch, as it can do some weird things. I haven't forgot about your steering issue Mason, just going out to work on sleds now and will take some measurements for you.

mason1000

Reaction score
Well I'm going to throw the heat on in the trailer and dry everything out in there cuz it was a bitch to start the other day also. And thanks for all the info you have been more ten helpful. I'm going to look at getting those skis and the revalve done. ARe those skis going to eliminate the darting on the trail because these sleds are like unguided missiles they dart every where

Last edited:

vic

Reaction score
Check the wire connectors plugins for corrosion sometimes a little die electric grease helps keep moisture out.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm going to throw the heat on in the trailer and dry everything out in there cuz it was a bitch to start the other day also. And thanks for all the info you have been more ten helpful. I'm going to look at getting those skis and the revalve done. ARe those skis going to eliminate the darting on the trail because these sleds are like unguided missiles they dart every where

check your toe OUT on your skis :)

Top Bottom