Responsible Riding

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading the threads about leaving garbage after the long weekends, I felt I had to throw my 2 cents out here....a couple of things that I don't understand...

1. Please wear Helmets when riding! If not to save your own melon, but to show the next generation of riders that it is just the done thing when riding (Much like seatbelts in cars....how many times do you still hear about a traffic fatality that ends with "The driver was not wearing a seatbelt").:(
The helmets that are available now are lightweight, comfortable and offer good vision...So, no excuses.

2. How many beer cans do you see out on the trails!!? This is a two-fold problem here...Litter & Alcohol. Please keep a little bag handy and take out what you take in....there is no excuse for throwing garbage in the bush.:nono:

3. Alcohol: Easy...make a legal limit of 0.00. Anything higher and your ride is impounded for 1 year. Second offense: Your machine is gone for good, to resurface at a Gov't Auction. (Look under "European Law").
When you are done riding for the day....drink all you want!:party:

Not trying to be a stick in the "Mud"...but these ARE issues that will forge the future of the sport. I can confirm that being aware of these issues will NOT diminish your "Fun Factor".

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! :)

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beer cans I do not understand. One will spend so much time packing the beers as to keep them tight and secure so they do not explode but can not pack them out. The one that caught my eye this year was the amount of plastic red drinking cups. I could not beleive that. AND please do not get me going on the helmet issue I saw so many people at by boyle not sporting them ^^*&&*. The girlfriend asked if she had to wear hers because it was hot . I told her if she wanted to come that she had to wear it . Well first time I won a battle she came

Reaction score
Actuall we kind of figured out the beer can issue. If you toss the can after you drink it you leave the evidence behind. We pick up beer cans in the damndest places when we quad. We got inspected by fish and feathers one year and he asked us if the beer cans were ours that we had drunk. We told him we pick garbage up on the trails when we come across it. He was pretty cool but it made us a bit leery about picking up beer cans for awhile.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The garbage thing pisses me off. Anyone that can haul the crap in can haul it out. My kid thought it was great last weekend when he collected over $10 worth of beer and pop cans when we went quadding. He found 4 full garbage bags of cans and bottles. I thought it was pathetic that I could haul out 4 extra garbage bags but the person that left the crap couldn't haul out a few cans...

As far as helmets go, I find it stupid that people don't wear them, however I don't think it should be mandatory.

Last the alcohol, The group I ride with has a no alcohol policy when we ride. I personally won't drink until I am done driving for the day, truck or atv. To many things to go wrong.

700WFO

Reaction score
After reading the threads about leaving garbage after the long weekends, I felt I had to throw my 2 cents out here....a couple of things that I don't understand...

1. Please wear Helmets when riding! If not to save your own melon, but to show the next generation of riders that it is just the done thing when riding (Much like seatbelts in cars....how many times do you still hear about a traffic fatality that ends with "The driver was not wearing a seatbelt").:(
The helmets that are available now are lightweight, comfortable and offer good vision...So, no excuses.

2. How many beer cans do you see out on the trails!!? This is a two-fold problem here...Litter & Alcohol. Please keep a little bag handy and take out what you take in....there is no excuse for throwing garbage in the bush.:nono:

3. Alcohol: Easy...make a legal limit of 0.00. Anything higher and your ride is impounded for 1 year. Second offense: Your machine is gone for good, to resurface at a Gov't Auction. (Look under "European Law").
When you are done riding for the day....drink all you want!:party:

Not trying to be a stick in the "Mud"...but these ARE issues that will forge the future of the sport. I can confirm that being aware of these issues will NOT diminish your "Fun Factor".

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! :)

You got my vote, Zero Tolerance! If there was one good thing to say about our southern neighbours, "THREE STRIKES AND YOUR OUT" permantly!

Top Bottom