RENSHAW Area - Updates - Not Groomed/Serviced

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal news. Has anyone gone and check it out of they agree? Lots of truck driving across in the fall for early season riding and the groomer now. Is the club able to temporarily stop grooming and put up a sign that says use at own risk?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal news. Has anyone gone and check it out of they agree? Lots of truck driving across in the fall for early season riding and the groomer now. Is the club able to temporarily stop grooming and put up a sign that says use at own risk?
Didn’t somebody take Muskoka in a back way when they did the Renshaw road trip?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well does the b.c government know the sleds can and do go off trail and make their own ???

Seems kinda dumb if a o rating , has to be a way around it , just like any drainage ect

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
while there may be a "way around it" for the club to recommend that usage would be a mark in the "bad books" with the BC Gov't and could risk not getting access back to that area at all.
I'm sure Barry & the McBride club are both on top of this like a fat guy on a cookie.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while there may be a "way around it" for the club to recommend that usage would be a mark in the "bad books" with the BC Gov't and could risk not getting access back to that area at all.
I'm sure Barry & the McBride club are both on top of this like a fat guy on a cookie.
Thanks yes we have to post as closed liability telling you to go or go around is a real thing trust me we want you sledding

Reaction score
Anybody being in the morkille way? Was way out behind spirit lake last march and was always wondering if there was a way from the FSR

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody being in the morkille way? Was way out behind spirit lake last march and was always wondering if there was a way from the FSR

there is multiple ways in from the morkill but with the 10ft of snow we are missing its tough slugging on that lower valley stuff, even the alpine trees arent covered enough for alot of the "back ways"

krazy k

Reaction score
Hey there guys, just looking to see if someone can fill me in whether the bridge is a timber built portable bridge or what type of bridge it is? Just looking into specs and requirements for the bridge and may be able to help out as I work in the field of QA and QC.

This sucks for the ride area as I was up there all week in McBride and rode Renshaw 3 out of the 5 days when we were there. Yes we went riding when it was cold but once you get into certain areas it was nice and lots of deep snow.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know last time they needed to do bridge repairs it was done by volunteers so maybe Barry can post here if they come to that point.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys, just looking to see if someone can fill me in whether the bridge is a timber built portable bridge or what type of bridge it is? Just looking into specs and requirements for the bridge and may be able to help out as I work in the field of QA and QC.

This sucks for the ride area as I was up there all week in McBride and rode Renshaw 3 out of the 5 days when we were there. Yes we went riding when it was cold but once you get into certain areas it was nice and lots of deep snow.
The bridge itself is not the problem it is that the abutments have eroded away apparently will know tomorrow after we physically look for ourselves

Reactions: RXN

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1706239643407.gif

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So the 2km bridge is a 40m 2 span steel girder bridge with replaceable 10ft x 12ft timber modules. The abutments are wood reinforced with riprap and the center pier is a combination of rock and concrete blocks surrounded by logs. The problem according to engineers is the center pier has been undermined by the water to a point that they feel there's a real possibility of "complete structural failure".

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a plan to move forward with a repair in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom