Recommend a turbo mechanic around edmonton

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im in need of a turbo doctor. i started having issues with the boondocker setup on my 08 dragon last couple trips. i cant seem to find whats wrong. can anyone chime in with a recommendation for a mechanic please.

it started having a low end throttle issue that i cant figure out. on the trail up the hill its great once i get up around 5000 feet the gremmlin shows up in the throttle but will go away around 3000rmp and comes back as soon as i let off.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it do it at low RPM at all elavations? Miles on sled? I would start with the fuel filter, then check fuel pressure. It could a weak stator. These are the places I would start looking.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Give Chris @ Parkland motorsports a call. He ran a boondocker turbo on his dragons a few years back. I'm sure he will have some answers for you.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it do it at low RPM at all elavations? Miles on sled? I would start with the fuel filter, then check fuel pressure. It could a weak stator. These are the places I would start looking.

there is just under 2000 miles on the sled and 1600 on the turbo and top end. its dosent do it until I get up to about 5000 feet. on the way up its amazing then ****s the bed once im up there. it cleans up after 3000rpm to wot.

I tried adding and subtracting fuel no difference. I tried increasing fuel pressure also. still no change.
it just started this . i never thought of the stator or fuel filter cus it works so good on the way up.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
780 986 6370. Could be power valves,tps,bd box itself,boost leak. Give me a shout.

Thank you

Deano

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do your reeds look like?

thats what i thought could be wrong also. the reeds are still in good shape no cracks or chips and they snap back in place.
its just weird it works so good on the way up the trail.

it seems like something to do with altitude compensation to me, just works so good at lower elevations.

Top Bottom