Reasonably Priced Goggles That Work?

REPO

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some new goggles. Just wondering what you guys have found to work well. I want something that doesn't fog up, and seals well. BUT I don't want to spend $300 per pair.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some new goggles. Just wondering what you guys have found to work well. I want something that doesn't fog up, and seals well. BUT I don't want to spend $300 per pair.

Buy goggles that match your helmet for best fit. Install quick straps and always take them off when stopped or stop breathing...lol. I have run the the Scott XI and really liked them for the price. I bought the 509 stuff which I think is over priced.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scott xi are really good. I am currently using stage Ideas goggle's and really like them and they are affordable, send me a pm if you want a dicount code for 50% off. Either way a breath deflector of some kind is a good idea so you don't have to hold your breath when your not moving.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 509 helmet with aviator googles, they work really well. But it is absolutely necessary that you use the breathe shield and make sure that it's tight against your face for a good seal. Put your googles over the breathe box and push them in on your face so they seal.

The idea is to get your breathe going out the bottom of the helmet and not up into the goggles.. Doing it this way I can huff and puff all day with the goggles on and never fog. Before without the breathe box/shield I would fog up instantly as soon as I stopped.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried these last year and like them. They will accept quick straps as well. Costco.

Attachments

• 20141002_193331.jpg
    20141002_193331.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 333

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always carry a spare they all fog up. i bought a pair of gordinni about 5 years ago from crappy tire for 20$ because i left a spare set at home and they actually work very good.

REPO

Reaction score
always carry a spare they all fog up. i bought a pair of gordinni about 5 years ago from crappy tire for 20$ because i left a spare set at home and they actually work very good.

Agreed! Hence why I don't want $300 goggles, I would like to get 2 pairs. My new sled has the goggle warmer under the gauge cluster.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use oakley o frames. They cost 79 bucks, are comfortable and your field of vision isn't impaired. They don't fog up on me. Simple, straightforward design from a eyeglass company.

$_57.jpg

I find the aviators are too small and the spherical lens isn't optically correct. You see shadows and unnecessary glare. Many have complained that the coating wears off too.

brucescotland

Reaction score
Agreed! Hence why I don't want $300 goggles, I would like to get 2 pairs. My new sled has the goggle warmer under the gauge cluster.

Goggle warmer box is good but the skidoo ones let in snow if you roll the sled in deep snow.

As for goggles try and find a pair that fit your face as well as your helmet, none are perfect!

Nikm17

Reaction score
Oakley goggles are a bit more expensive than some but if you find them on sale or some of the previous year's stock they aren't really much more than most goggles. Oakley is the way to go, whether I wear my breath deflector or not they never fog, sometimes I wear a balaclava, sometimes I don't and they still never fog. Even if I leave them on while digging out etc. they don't fog up. Only time I've ever had them fog was when they get excessive snow on the inside of the lens.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zeal - available at United Cycle (not the ones with the GPS lol). They fit well, and the lenses don't seem to fog up, either. A set will run you about $100.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley goggles are a bit more expensive than some but if you find them on sale or some of the previous year's stock they aren't really much more than most goggles. Oakley is the way to go, whether I wear my breath deflector or not they never fog, sometimes I wear a balaclava, sometimes I don't and they still never fog. Even if I leave them on while digging out etc. they don't fog up. Only time I've ever had them fog was when they get excessive snow on the inside of the lens.

Fully agree, i find barely anyone rides with Oakley.. I am the only one in my pack that doesn't take my goggles off when were just sitting idle, or chatting after some playing. goggles never fog. I bring 3 pairs of Oakley Crowbars, If one does fog up after leaving my helmet wrong side up, digging myself out etc.. I switch em out and i'm good to go for the rest of the day.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't normally wear gogs because I always take them off because I can't stand having fog in my field of vision. Long story short I just tried a pair of 509 sinister X5 with the rose lens and I wore them for all three days ,all day my last trip! I also have aviators and usually they get pulled very early in the day. For 99 smackers I would try the sinisters. :cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mess round get Oakley airbrakes. They still fog if you don't pull them off when stuck etc. but they have been the best so far and I've tried a lot. The advantage to these is the quick lock system on the lenses. Can carry as many sets of lenses and shades as you want and swap them out in 5 seconds.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the air brakes there awesome. Ride all day and rarely fog, they clear up fast as soon as you get moving if they doo. I don't carry spare goggles any more. Extra Lenses are 50-75

EmEight

Reaction score
I tried these last year and like them. They will accept quick straps as well. Costco.

Yup costco all the way. They come in two shades. I have one of each. The light tinted ones work well in low light conditions. The dark rose tinted ones are to dark IMO. I'd get two pairs of the light ones next time. I find they rarely fog and field of vision is good. All around for 40$ about the best deal going.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking some haven't read the first post..

iturch

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Motor Fist googles this year, they are like the aviators with a little different connection for the straps that make them fit inside the helmet better. Paid just over $100 for them

Top Bottom