Rear shock on 13 proclimb 800

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what I can do about the rear suspension. It seems to squat. Feels almost bottomed when standing on the sled. I've heard of people getting the rear shock re valved. Will this solve my problem? Also I have a skidoo Jerry can mounted right behind the seat but sled seems to squat even with Jerry empty.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re Valving wont solve your problem. Sounds like you need stiffer springs.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only weigh 160, so maybe 200 with gear. Does this seem right for a new sled to squat so bad?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only weigh 160, so maybe 200 with gear. Does this seem right for a new sled to squat so bad?

No it doesnt. I ride ski doo. Do you have Air shocks,Coil spring or Torsion? Proclimb has Fox Floats dont they?

If they are air shocks you need to run more air pressure. If you have coils or torsion springs, you need to run stiffer springs.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has fox floats on it. I've given it more air as well, doesn't seem to help with the squating though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has fox floats on it. I've given it more air as well, doesn't seem to help with the squating though.

What PSI are they at? Maybe a seal is gone on your rear shock.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It holds pressure, I've got it set at 135. Also what the dealer told me it should be set at.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It holds pressure, I've got it set at 135. Also what the dealer told me it should be set at.

Maybe Inspect the skid for Damage and proper assembly. Other than that im stumped:confused:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got it at 150now which helps. But sled still seems like it squats to me. What exactly is the purpose of revalving these shocks? What would it change and how would it effect the ride?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've got it at 150now which helps. But sled still seems like it squats to me. What exactly is the purpose of revalving these shocks? What would it change and how would it effect the ride?

To change the compression and rebound dampening characteristics. How would it effect ride? well that all depends on how you change the valving.

Adding the EVOL chamber on the Floats is a far better upgrade. IMO

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind you want 3 or 4 inches of "squat" when your sled is at operating weight.

Get a buddy to help you measure your sag. Does your sled bottom out alot?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And according to FOX you can run up to 300psi in the floats. Keep adding pressure tell you get your desired ride hieght.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear 300? It says 150 max right on them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear 300? It says 150 max right on them.

On Fox's website:

FLOAT stands for FOX Load Optimized Air Technology; our unique and patented FLOAT air springs offer the perfect adjustable spring rate synergy to our refined, oil damped performance.
The spring rate is controlled by air pressure in the main body. Air pressure is infinitely adjustable anywhere from 50 PSI to 300 PSI, making the FLOAT the most progressive and adjustable air shock on the market — zero tools are necessary to change plushness

Maybe Artic Cat uses a cheaper version?? I dont know,, Like I said, I ride Skidoo.... Good luck with your issue tho.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having sled come with brand name shocks is like buying a vehicle with brand name tires. The OEM gets a great deal, but the valving is to their specs, and built as cheap as possible. Getting the float revalved with fox components, including a high flow piston will help. 300psi is the maximum for a dual stage float shock, added to the remote res after the intial charge is applied to the shock. I suspect your nitrogen charge is low, best to have it serviced by a compentant shock rebuilder. Other choices are the OEM zero pro, evol rear float, EXIT's, Raptor, Elka, or Ohlins, custom built for your weight and riding style.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 2010 m8 ... i did the brandt update (re-valve) and got a piggy back put on it and no sag completely different riding .. for the better. Yes arctic cat uses the cheapest valves they can in the shocks so do the re-valve you will be happy . Got mine done in sherwood park at a place called nextech

geordiep

Reaction score
This is a common problem on the ProClimb with Fox Floats. Mine does the same thing. I am 250lb rider.

Call Carl at Nextech in Sherwood Park (780) 991-9741. They will revalve with better internals and spec to your weight/preference. They can also put their adjustable remote reservoir chamber on the shock for an extra $150. Well worth the upgrade. If you do both rears it should be $400-500 with reservoirs.
NEXTECH carbonsled.com Fox Float Air Reservoirs

Nextech Piggy.JPG

I plan to do this or upgrade rear suspension with a KMOD conversion for $900. (They re-valve your shocks and return with a kit)

kmod AC Conversion_New_New.jpg

Top Bottom