Re-locating ECM!

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed on some pictures of REV's that the ECM's have been re-located. What are the advantages of this and where are you guys re-locating them to?
Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I know the rt1000's get relocated when putting in pipes, but only aware of the 800's getting relocated when oil injection bottle deleted, and premixing fuel.........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put mine on top of the oil tank where the older ones used to be.... just to get away from the moisture over the pipe.... oh mine is a 800r 07 .....

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were always on top of the oil injection tank untill 2006 then they put them above the pipe and below the head light. I belive that the newer sleds (06-07) still have the spot on the oil tank.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is the 07 and the ECM is over the pipe right under the headlight and i ended up putting a pipe on it and was worried that it might get hot enough to perhaps start meltin it...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were always on top of the oil injection tank untill 2006 then they put them above the pipe and below the head light. I belive that the newer sleds (06-07) still have the spot on the oil tank.

yep and thats where i mounted the 07 ecm up there.... where the mempem used to be.... there is more than enought harness to move it too...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yep and thats where i mounted the 07 ecm up there.... Where the mempem used to be.... There is more than enought harness to move it too...

i could be wrong, but i remember seeing mounting tabs on them up over the oil reservoir too........... Probably able to adapt the ecu to snap right in??

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could be wrong, but i remember seeing mounting tabs on them up over the oil reservoir too........... Probably able to adapt the ecu to snap right in??

we used 2 sided velcro strips so u can pull it off and un plug it easy,,, sits right on oil tank and easy to move there

this is done because of the constant moisture melting off headlight and was cooking ecu's

or just grease it heavy every year and that is safe as well

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just move it...... the body of the ecm is smaller than the mempem.... i made a plastic holder that fits into the tabs... and the ecm slides in to it.... plus it gets lots more air and less mosture....

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Thanks for all the feed back. And i found those tabs that you guys had mentioned.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Thanks for all the feed back. And i found those tabs that you guys had mentioned.

oh i just had a buds 07 xrs and did it last night two.... some velcro and 2 zip ties... good to go

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
But you have a wierd 07 Summit

>;-P~

And it gets weirder by them minute.....
weird-science-gets-weirder-20080826092639334_640w.jpg

images

Top Bottom