Raptor Shock problem on 15, T3 skid

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here try out the Raptor XM-ACE setup?

Looking for thoughts or a review on that setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice set up, especially getting rid of the antiquated torsion springs and change it over to a coil over on the rear. I bet it would be a huge difference.

Pricey though, thanks to the great strength of the Canuck Buck!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice set up, especially getting rid of the antiquated torsion springs and change it over to a coil over on the rear. I bet it would be a huge difference.

Pricey though, thanks to the great strength of the Canuck Buck!!
Hey 240 can you post up here the part number of your new HD springs? thanks a bunch!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP #s

503191287 and 503191289

Whatta ya thinkin MSM??
Just wanted to make sure my HD spring numbers were rite. I'm currently making a prototype spacer for the HD springs as well for the guys that are looking for the stiffer side. Do I think it's needed ? No but I'll give you guys that option. I put the newer set in my t3 today and has 3/4 inch of sag now and to be honest has the same spring rate feel as the HD springs BUT there stock! . Fixed the issue I'll post pics in a bit here
Heading out to test em as we speak

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here you go gents here's the kit I'm offering. Takes the sag rite out as you can see from the t-motion linkage bump stops. They work awesome. uploadfromtaptalk1450591884587.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1450591937503.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1450591989607.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be $85 cad plus $10 flat rate shipping for those that need shipping arrangements within Canada. For anyone in the Edmonton and surrounding area or driving through, pick-up can be arranged.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changed out the springs added a spacer/bushings inside the springs and still SAG sitting on the floor! now it makes sense to have the shocks checked out..

You sled should have sag in it! It will ride way better on the trail with sag. That way your suspension falls into the holes instead of the whole sled. Take a look at trophy trucks and all off rode vehicles all do that. That's why a Polaris sxs ride nicer then a lot of others there suspension sits at about half way threw there travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Neil said is important but the ride in is when you sit on the sled it should settle a couple inches.
Sled should just touch the bottom out rubbers from time to time when riding fully loaded.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sled should have sag in it! It will ride way better on the trail with sag. That way your suspension falls into the holes instead of the whole sled. Take a look at trophy trucks and all off rode vehicles all do that. That's why a Polaris sxs ride nicer then a lot of others there suspension sits at about half way threw there travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true! Just doesn't look right when the suspension sags.
Had a good conversation with Jake@Raptor and he educated me on just that. The analogy of the trophy trucks is what you want for suspension on the trails. Even though my sled had significant sag it never bottomed out or hit the top end.
I sent the shocks back to Raptor and they are going to go through them then I will know the rear suspension is in proper working condition.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
With the stock springs set on highest setting, would bottom out quite a bit... With the heavier springs have it on setting 3 and settles nicely when loaded and only bottomed out few times on biggest of bumps.... Happy with the bigger springs.

250lb guy, 40-50lb backpack and gear/helmet/suit/boots, 30lb tools etc in tunnel bag, 20lb jerry can, and serious ice buildup +20lbs?

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the stock springs set on highest setting, would bottom out quite a bit... With the heavier springs have it on setting 3 and settles nicely when loaded and only bottomed out few times on biggest of bumps.... Happy with the bigger springs.

250lb guy, 40-50lb backpack and gear/helmet/suit/boots, 30lb tools etc in tunnel bag, 20lb jerry can, and serious ice buildup +20lbs?

Where you running the spring bushings??

Replaced to HD spring, added spring bushing, shocks on there way back from Raptor. I'll getter back together, set up and all should be good!!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys are taking it into account or not but the sag in the rear will also be greatly affected by how stiff or soft the front spring is set. Have it set to stiff and the sag in the rear will be more pronounced. You need to set your skin up correctly don't forget. Otherwise not even the HD springs will help you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys are taking it into account or not but the sag in the rear will also be greatly affected by how stiff or soft the front spring is set. Have it set to stiff and the sag in the rear will be more pronounced. You need to set your skin up correctly don't forget. Otherwise not even the HD springs will help you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Handle like crap and trench. Just had that exact conversation with Raptor!

Top Bottom