crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
649D158E-F583-4176-B8EB-64D7C9B48C26.jpeg

Last nights supper

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulling a swather down the road on a mover? What am I missing in the pic?

The way those tires are something is very wrong or overloaded. Also sticking halfway into oncoming traffic when they have a mile to move into the shoulder..... Not even counting how it is not even close to proper signage for the wide load. Be pricey if they hit someone or someone hit them! Would be a million times safer and make more sense to just drive it down the road instead.

But sorry it's a farmer so it's all good. I've lost count how many times there's nearly a pile up on the yellowhead here from a farmer running a tractor down the road at rush hour...... No signage no pilot car nothing and those side roads aren't good enough I guess....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way those tires are something is very wrong or overloaded. Also sticking halfway into oncoming traffic when they have a mile to move into the shoulder..... Not even counting how it is not even close to proper signage for the wide load. Be pricey if they hit someone or someone hit them! Would be a million times safer and make more sense to just drive it down the road instead.

But sorry it's a farmer so it's all good. I've lost count how many times there's nearly a pile up on the yellowhead here from a farmer running a tractor down the road at rush hour...... No signage no pilot car nothing and those side roads aren't good enough I guess....
Yes but farmers understand trailer brakes and when to use them

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but farmers understand trailer brakes and when to use them
My uncle's been a farmer his whole life, neither one of his grain trucks ever had brakes on them 😂
Downshift and then grind those gears into reverse

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle's been a farmer his whole life, neither one of his grain trucks ever had brakes on them 😂
Downshift and then grind those gears into reverse

Keeping up the standards that farmers run the sketchiest chit ever.....

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Because that's all that's required for probably a 16' wide load right?
***Alberta Farm Equipment***
By law if you are TOWING or HAULING farm equipment and you are over 23m long and 5.3m high you have to treat the load as a commercial load, which means your width is NOT exempt and you have to follow the piloting requirements and travel requirements. Also, if you are over length or height and measure over 24’ wide, you are required to have a traffic plan to provide to the Central permitting office.
You are REQUIRED to have a single trip permit when between the heights of 5m to 5.3m.
4.15m to 5m high and 23m long you don’t need a permit and your covered under policy.
This information has been check with the central permitting office of Alberta.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
***Alberta Farm Equipment***
By law if you are TOWING or HAULING farm equipment and you are over 23m long and 5.3m high you have to treat the load as a commercial load, which means your width is NOT exempt and you have to follow the piloting requirements and travel requirements. Also, if you are over length or height and measure over 24’ wide, you are required to have a traffic plan to provide to the Central permitting office.
You are REQUIRED to have a single trip permit when between the heights of 5m to 5.3m.
4.15m to 5m high and 23m long you don’t need a permit and your covered under policy.
This information has been check with the central permitting office of Alberta.
Just a question, I have no idea about Alberta farming laws, but in your statement you say over 23 meters long and 5.3 meters high, but dont mention a width? This load is not 23m long nor does it appear to be over 5.3m high, maybe that is why he has it sideways, no width regulations to set off pilot car requirements?

Basically, my understanding is if your a farmer and have a triangle, your golden.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question, I have no idea about Alberta farming laws, but in your statement you say over 23 meters long and 5.3 meters high, but dont mention a width? This load is not 23m long nor does it appear to be over 5.3m high, maybe that is why he has it sideways, no width regulations to set off pilot car requirements?

Basically, my understanding is if your a farmer and have a triangle, your golden.
Mike states anything wider than 24' or 7.3 meters needs a travel plan permit from the permit office.

Top Bottom