Random Pictures Thread

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

35 years ago I was on a week long ski touring trip at Fairy Meadows north of Golden (Bill Putnam Hut). We did a big climb up the Glacier to the top of Pioneer Peak. I thought being on top of Pioneer Peak was slightly sketchy, but then one of the guys wanted to go to the top of the adjacent Crimean Peak. We all tried to talk him out of it but he went anyway...we all thought he was gonna die. He didn't.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 151

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
35 years ago I was on a week long ski touring trip at Fairy Meadows north of Golden (Bill Putnam Hut). We did a big climb up the Glacier to the top of Pioneer Peak. I thought being on top of Pioneer Peak was slightly sketchy, but then one of the guys wanted to go to the top of the adjacent Crimean Peak. We all tried to talk him out of it but he went anyway...we all thought he was gonna die. He didn't.
Glad he made it!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite part is the caption.

In the end you wont remember the time you spent working or mowing your lawn.
Climb that goddamn mountain- Jack Kerouac

You might like Jimmy Chin's camping spot?

View attachment 248067
This would be an incredible freefall, for a base jump

Now I want to go jumping again

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free climbers are the most ballsy athletes imo.
Squirrel suits are next for sure.
Free climbing isn't that bad. Still ballsy, but they are fairly secure. It's the free solo climbers that I don't understand. How do they haul those massive balls up with them?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like cutting the grass too, but i think id get more of a thrill climbing K2 though.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free climbing isn't that bad. Still ballsy, but they are fairly secure. It's the free solo climbers that I don't understand. How do they haul those massive balls up with them?
Ya, that's what I meant! Gotta the be the most confident people on earth.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never have and always wanted to. The highest I've jumped out of a plane is from is 7000 ft. Most of my jumps were at 5000 ft. But those 2000 extra made a difference LOL

Skydiving is a VERY good time. I’ve been a few times, both solo and tandem. Did the 8 hour course and jumped solo where they throw your pilot chute for you. Next to no fee fall but it was a cool experience.

Now, if you just wanna go, to go? Tandem is where it’s at. It’s an awesome experience and one that I hope to do again one day.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Skydiving is a VERY good time. I’ve been a few times, both solo and tandem. Did the 8 hour course and jumped solo where they throw your pilot chute for you. Next to no fee fall but it was a cool experience.

Now, if you just wanna go, to go? Tandem is where it’s at. It’s an awesome experience and one that I hope to do again one day.
I got 7 jumps in and my last jump at 7000 was tandem and frickin fun!!!

I've also been bungee jumpin 15 times and I did the body harness once and hated it. I love having a rubber band ties to my ankles and....... GO!!!!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 7 jumps in and my last jump at 7000 was tandem and frickin fun!!!

I've also been bungee jumpin 15 times and I did the body harness once and hated it. I love having a rubber band ties to my ankles and....... GO!!!!
Isn’t that like committing suicide over and over. Or do you really need the practise, just asking.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I jumped off the Stratosphere in vegas, that was crazy fun but the most dangerous thing I ever did was tell my wife she may need the next size up of leggings, the ones she was wearing were getting a little tight and see through......

Last edited:
Top Bottom