Random Pictures Thread

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Putting on asphault again? I'm thinking next go round doing metal. Some nice designs out there now that they can make look like anything and won't blow off in some of our winds we have been getting.
Ken, I did a metal roof on our house in Elkford and would not do metal again. We had 6 valleys (a straight gable roof would be better) and every one of them ripped with the ice build up. Snow brakes help but that is an added expense and not a guarantee. Just before we sold it, we put on new asphalt and we were quite pleased. For the cost, we could do asphalt maybe 3 times for the price of the metal.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, I did a metal roof on our house in Elkford and would not do metal again. We had 6 valleys (a straight gable roof would be better) and every one of them ripped with the ice build up. Snow brakes help but that is an added expense and not a guarantee. Just before we sold it, we put on new asphalt and we were quite pleased. For the cost, we could do asphalt maybe 3 times for the price of the metal.
Yeah I know its pricey Doug. Tired of repairing roof everytime we get one of those SW winds that originate in the Crowsnest Pass. Have had 4 roof repairs in last 2 years.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2cefc720e13f2c33a8ddc407fa172a6f.jpg

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of roofs we installed rubber tiles 15 years ago and they are just like new wind and hail does not effect them a little more money but should last 40-50 years we installed them our self house 7/12 pitch shop 4/12 pitch

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of roofs we installed rubber tiles 15 years ago and they are just like new wind and hail does not effect them a little more money but should last 40-50 years we installed them our self house 7/12 pitch shop 4/12 pitch

Never heard of a rubber roof, got any pics? I've heard of a rubber room, that's another couch session...
We went steel...our 25 year shingles lasted 14 years. This roof is suppose to last 50 years...I'll be dead by then. Kid's problem now, lol.

Top Bottom