Quietest release ever for Doo

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can keep it together the 900 with a turbo would easily beat the G5 turbo but duribility will be the issue. Polaris does not need the extra weight and complexity of DI. DI is over-rated as the current N/A polaris 850 runs spot on. DI cannot keep up with turbo applications and that is why Doo has to use old school injectors to make power. Keep telling yourself that DI is the answer, it is only the answer if the question is "What is the best fueling for a 2 stroke touring sled".
Fouling plugs is running spot-on?
My buddies 850 polaris leaves a nice black spot in the snow when he pins it from a stop and make my eyes water if I get stuck behind him....

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of my buddies 2 polaris every morning one of them is changing plugs i dont consider that spot on lol if were comparing skidoo to polaris on the clean burning side in the trailer u sont even notice the sled running if u start a cat or polaris u better have all the doors open

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess BRP has way better mapping than, no fouled plugs, one pull start, no broken plugs, or is it the fuel system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fouling plugs is running spot-on?
My buddies 850 polaris leaves a nice black spot in the snow when he pins it from a stop and make my eyes water if I get stuck behind him....
Actually the 850 from 2019 did do that. It got better with every flash and that is almost non-existant now My 23 is a completely different animal now that Polaris redesigned the flywheel, and added extra pick-ups and went with a faster ecu. It is very clean. Never had a fouled plug on either sled. Buddy has a 2021 and it did run rich but after having it in for the fuel tank recall it too runs clean. We expect it got a new flash without them telling him. That said when I get stuck behind a Doo of a single track through the trees at low speeds I can barely stand the exhaust smell. I don't think it is that they are rich but rather the terrible smelling Doo oil.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess BRP has way better mapping than, no fouled plugs, one pull start, no broken plugs, or is it the fuel system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doo does have the mapping almost perfect. Didn't say otherwise. I said the 850 Polaris is now so close that there is no advantage to adding the 7 lbs for direct injection. The 9R will be there shortly, the Boost turbo, I am not too sure.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope Polaris has more than BNG's. Also the P22 clutch needs to be improved.
1D9B894C-D33B-4C5F-B9C8-48D07BCC0347.jpeg

It sucks when the clutch makes it higher up the hill than your sled…

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the 850 from 2019 did do that. It got better with every flash and that is almost non-existant now My 23 is a completely different animal now that Polaris redesigned the flywheel, and added extra pick-ups and went with a faster ecu. It is very clean. Never had a fouled plug on either sled. Buddy has a 2021 and it did run rich but after having it in for the fuel tank recall it too runs clean. We expect it got a new flash without them telling him. That said when I get stuck behind a Doo of a single track through the trees at low speeds I can barely stand the exhaust smell. I don't think it is that they are rich but rather the terrible smelling Doo oil.
"when I get stuck behind a doo". I think you meant, " When I'm trying to keep up with a skidoo. Your welcome for the correction. :skidoo:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 266339
Besides the price, the P22 clutch was one of the biggest reasons I backed out of my 9R order this season and went with the 850 with the P85. I really hope they sort this out so I feel comfortable ordering a 2024 9R.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try and get in front of it then? 😉

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ride in the back of the group sometimes as there a few riders that need a ski pull now and again. We take turns in that position.
When I rode, I would prefer last for that same reason and a guy gets to play around a little more

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I generally ride last, but keep my nose clean as there’s no one behind to help if I miss a corner or drop into a hole🤔

I know it can be a big responsibility riding in the rear. We have a rule in our group that you are always responsible for the guy behind you. If you have someone behind and go too fast and don't see the guy behind you need to stop and wait and then call on the radio.. Then double back if you get no reply after trying to call a couple times.
The guy in front of you needs to do the same for you.

We only fail to make new comers aware of the rule sometimes because we just think everybody rides that way.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it can be a big responsibility riding in the rear. We have a rule in our group that you are always responsible for the guy behind you. If you have someone behind and go too fast and don't see the guy behind you need to stop and wait and then call on the radio.. Then double back if you get no reply after trying to call a couple times.
The guy in front of you needs to do the same for you.

We only fail to make new comers aware of the rule sometimes because we just think everybody rides that way.
I Wana ride with your group. I ride at the back because everyone passed me when I got stuck.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 266339

I'm surprised this hasn't become a mandatory safety recall yet.

...there is no advantage to adding the 7 lbs for direct injection...

Emissions. While most consumers could care less, this is a reality for manufactures and the sport as a whole. Perhaps the detonation/plug issue is a result of having to meet emission standards? I am not sure if it directly corelates to sled engines, but there there is lots of documentation on e-tec outboards having the lowest emissions including 4 strokes.
Many would agree that the drivability and performance benefits are worthwhile benefits on their own. Doo's e-tec has proven to be reliable too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom