Quietest release ever for Doo

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think your on glue if you think brp is on top of the atv/sxs market. head down to glamis or havasu and brp is non existent.
an engineer from polaris told me that the dealers in phoenix ( 4 of them) sell more atvs and sxs's in a month than all of western canada does in a year.
sleds yes brp all the way. dirt division, not a chance.

similar to what ive been told about some of the big doo dealers out east. They move 10x as many trail sleds as dealers out west move mountain sleds

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think your on glue if you think brp is on top of the atv/sxs market. head down to glamis or havasu and brp is non existent.
an engineer from polaris told me that the dealers in phoenix ( 4 of them) sell more atvs and sxs's in a month than all of western canada does in a year.
sleds yes brp all the way. dirt division, not a chance.
Yep , you’re right on. Been down here since November , been out a lot through Arizona, Nevada and Oregon , Polaris is # 1 by a mile , see a few S3’s , no Defenders , a couple new Commanders , quite a few Yammi’s . Actually see more Kawasaki than CanAm .

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
then you shoulda got the Gen5T if you dont want those things lol. But seriously, a good friend of mine was a factory cat and speedwerx sponsored rider. He had the supercharger working well but hes now on a G5T and says he will never go back to that aftermarket stuff
I realize that many love their ski doos, and I'm happy for them, not being sarcastic, I truly mean that.
But I had nothing but trouble with my sea doo, my wife's ski doo has been junk, and others i know personally have had a lot of issues with theirs to. So I just don't want to buy any.
It also frustrates me how the government is always giving my tax money to brp, and favors Quebec, I wish that we could get rid of Ontario and Quebec, lets donate them to France.
My Cat has been very good to me, and yes I am aware the new Alpha has some problems, and only 165 hp, but some parts, and those issues should be solved.
No sled is perfect, but hopefully I don't curse my decision too much over the next few years.
Didn't want the electric start weight and more things to go wrong, so got us a pair of pull starts, with the 165 track, always wished I had gone longer track since buying my 2018.
Can big bore, and pipe it for a little more power, or maybe a speedwerx supercharger and have 225.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize that many love their ski doos, and I'm happy for them, not being sarcastic, I truly mean that.
But I had nothing but trouble with my sea doo, my wife's ski doo has been junk, and others i know personally have had a lot of issues with theirs to. So I just don't want to buy any.
It also frustrates me how the government is always giving my tax money to brp, and favors Quebec, I wish that we could get rid of Ontario and Quebec, lets donate them to France.
My Cat has been very good to me, and yes I am aware the new Alpha has some problems, and only 165 hp, but some parts, and those issues should be solved.
No sled is perfect, but hopefully I don't curse my decision too much over the next few years.
Didn't want the electric start weight and more things to go wrong, so got us a pair of pull starts, with the 165 track, always wished I had gone longer track since buying my 2018.
Can big bore, and pipe it for a little more power, or maybe a speedwerx supercharger and have 225.

Niner on this site is a good guy to talk to. Hes got the most expensive NA alpha on planet earth but it works well

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niner on this site is a good guy to talk to. Hes got the most expensive NA alpha on planet earth but it works well

I'll plant some money trees, then call him for advice. 😂

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gotta be honest, your logic doesn't add up. Not buying a Skidoo because it's unreliable and then buying a Cat to throw aftermarket boost on is kinda the same thing. Sleds certainly don't get more reliable with boost.

To each their own I guess.

Honestly I'd leave the engine stock, lighten the sled up and ride it. I've seen Alpha's go places I wouldnt think a G5T would go, the difference is all in the rider, the only way to get good is spend time behind the bars and lots of it. Hard to spend time riding if your wrenching on an aftermarket supercharger all the time.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, your logic doesn't add up. Not buying a Skidoo because it's unreliable and then buying a Cat to throw aftermarket boost on is kinda the same thing. Sleds certainly don't get more reliable with boost.

To each their own I guess.

Honestly I'd leave the engine stock, lighten the sled up and ride it. I've seen Alpha's go places I wouldnt think a G5T would go, the difference is all in the rider, the only way to get good is spend time behind the bars and lots of it. Hard to spend time riding if your wrenching on an aftermarket supercharger all the time.

Which is why I am also considering a big bore.
30 hp increase and more torque.
195 hp sounds sweet.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which is why I am also considering a big bore.
30 hp increase and more torque.
195 hp sounds sweet.

They aren’t sweet. You’ll never see 195 and remember your riding at elevation so your losing 40 horse. You’ll be chasing clutching non stop on a big bore aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought for you, you install a big bore and squeak a piston, how quick can you get new pistons and a cylinder?
I feel it can even be this way for a OE short block these days. My friends 850 doo turbo has been down for a month now and still waiting for something from BRP. Parts for anything is a nightmare these days.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is one of the best sleds for mountain hp guys .. but I just wish doo would be open to fault.
they r ahead of the competition for sure … it’s truly a beautiful sled.
that being said they don’t need to be loud.. just acknowledge the glaring issue as not everything can be perfect.
I love all sleds ..

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought for you, you install a big bore and squeak a piston, how quick can you get new pistons and a cylinder?

A reputable company like bikeman or speedwerx it should not take long, probably at least no longer than the dealer takes to get parts.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the release has not been anything exciting, nothing to see here really, with some hidden updates that will come to the 2024.
Wasn’t expecting much anyway, the sled works extremely well.

Was hoping to hear information on the chaincase issues and the update to the 10.25 gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the primary still the wobble sheaves? If so it appears far more reliable than the new P22 Polaris clutch. Karma can be a mean beeotch….
the 22 is also used on the sxs's. little different design but very close. been blowing to shreds for a good two years now. nightmare!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sure hoping for a 925 Doo NA. I still think it is coming and I also see a narrower tunnel coming from Doo as they are slowly moving to 15" wide tracks. I was disapointed in how loud the motor/clutch was on my buddy's 23 Doo compared to my Polaris. I expected it to be quieter and smoother after Doo refined the G5 sleds over the G4's. Did anyone that went from a G4 to G5 find them any quieter or smoother? Might not be fair to ask guys that went from a NA to a turbo.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...I also see a narrower tunnel coming from Doo as they are slowly moving to 15" wide tracks...

I think this unlikely until the next chassis change. The number of other components that would have to be re-engineered and manufactured wouldn't justify the cost.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this unlikely until the next chassis change. The number of other components that would have to be re-engineered and manufactured wouldn't justify the cost.
I agree and think that bulkhead might be due for a redesign anyway.

Top Bottom