Question for the RZR guys.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm weighing my options for a new sxs, listing pros and cons of all the current offerings, and as much as I hate to say it, I keep coming back to the RZR S.

So I have two questions. First, is it worth chucking down the extra 1800 for the Fox shocks and fancy graphics on the LE model (riding mostly tight trails, not sure if the racing shocks will make any difference). And second, is there any aftermarket exhaust that will get rid of the clapped out chevette sound that the stocker makes?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying my best to refrain from any nasty comments...lol
The sachs shocks are brutal,so yes the fox are a HUGE step up.....However there are always lots of take off fox shocks at bargain prices on RZR forums for sale,and super atv make an excellent shock setup for around 800$,so there are less expensive options out there...........
You will never really get rid of the parallel even firing twin sound, that being said LTR (looney tooned) does make a nice set up for the rzr. It is loud and kinda Harley like,it would be the best sounding rzr pipe...imo
If you are thinking about a rzr, i do reccomend rzr forums stongly !! With 30000 members ,the info is acurate ,proven and very helpfull................................................................................................................................................Bout time........

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huhh. lookin at the avitar he needs bigger roll bars.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chevette sound. Baaaaaaaaaaaa to funny

I always though of a briggs and stratton sound. But ya to chevette

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hehe, had a guy tell us his vette was a runner, next thing he shows up with a cheVETTE, friggin funny it was.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only sound i hear is you guys standing on it,going back and forth getting stuck.................................lol

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
replace the stock shocks with progressive 425 heavy duty from denis kirk 289 for two or jc motors for 258 razor forum has good things to say so i put 4 on my razor 800 haven't been out yet as i just got them a week ago also replace the stock steering rods the stock ones have a ball on the inside that can wear fast replaced mine with heavy duty ones that have u joints polaris will not sell just the rods they want you to buy the steering gearing the web site side x side sports has all the parts nice people to deal with also slp makes a nice slip on pipe that improves air flow by 40 % and keeps the sound to just over stock i would buy the stock razor and do the upgrades yourself and save the money for other accessories

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I knew I'd have to deal with a little ribbing on this one. I'm still not sold on Polaris' fit and finish but there's no denying that the things work well. I took a chance and stepped out of my comfort zone with my sled purchase this year (brp) and have been happy with it, so why not give Polaris a chance with my next UTV? If it turns out to be a pile well, that's what warranty is for right?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POPO is not the same company it was 6 years ago.................After they cleaned house they have a prety good team...........After all these years there is still no all around equal to the rzr s.........imo

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this infomercial brought to you by eastside popo repair and rzrgade a polaris affiliate. imo. haha

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell POPO, you sell..ah ...ah keystone........................i rest my case !!!............................................lol

now on a deserted 100 foot long island which would you want in yer cooler?

i will say neville knows his popo's, read the friggin bible(popo repair manual) a hundred times, please don't ask him to recite it verse by verse. OMG.

you can't argue with rzr popularity at this time, but others will be coming soon. yamaha seems to be a trigger for rzrgade.

yamaha, yamaha,yamaha. gotta get the dig in before campout. hehe

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i bash all brands other than Popo and suzuki equally....................................As for yamaha making a new SXS, i told ya that keystone crap is gonna frick up your brain sooner or later!!! If we can get you on a diet of rye ,Kokanee & hot sex there may be some hope for a partial to full recovery.....................

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i bash all brands other than Popo and suzuki equally....................................As for yamaha making a new SXS, i told ya that keystone crap is gonna frick up your brain sooner or later!!! If we can get you on a diet of rye ,Kokanee & hot sex there may be some hope for a partial to full recovery.....................

oh heaven help the poor guy who bashes popo's.. hehe yer blood pressure goes through the roof. hehe

yamaha, yamaha. lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definately worth the extra money to get the fox shocks and le plastic. the standard red plastic is crappy looking and it does not stand up to scratching well. I personally like the unique sound the parralel twin has. Any slip on exhaust makes it sound like crap. The only way to make it sound better is a dual exhaust. Muzzy and looney tuned and the best options. muzzy being quieter then looney tooned. Looney tuned is a try dual where muzzy is a 2-1-2.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh heaven help the poor guy who bashes popo's.. hehe yer blood pressure goes through the roof. hehe

yamaha, yamaha. lol

Imcrackadooin. Val's pink Rzr or Nancy with her Rzr with take you out on the trail. Just like NASCAR. All a person will see is keystone cans flying in the air and crack flashing in front of everyones eyes.

Top Bottom