Quadding out west

ChrisG

Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone has made it west of caroline yet on their quads this spring? A few of us are planning on heading out this saturday but im not so sure if we will go anywhere at all with this snow. Let me know if some of u have been out. Greatly appreciated.
Chris

Mikehunt

Reaction score
The snow is still pretty deep hear, i think it would be pretty tough going out there still unless lots of the snow disappears later this week

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you see nice trails that have only snowmobile tracks on them, think twice about trying to ride them, the snowmobilers REALLY dislike that sort of thing until there is not enough for the snowmobiles to ride there anyways.
The snowmobilers like to keep the trails all to themselves all winter and into the spring, they refuse to share.
The Bighorn Dam trails should have little to no snow at all on them, a little farther to drive but nice trails.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totallly agree with not chewing up groomed or exclusive sled trails with the quads but why is it ok for sledders to "drop the hammer'' with thier sleds and dig a 50' long trench and 1 foot deep on these same trails?????????????????

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i totallly agree with not chewing up groomed or exclusive sled trails with the quads but why is it ok for sledders to "drop the hammer'' with thier sleds and dig a 50' long trench and 1 foot deep on these same trails?????????????????

cuz there sled trails..get over it!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so guys with quad's trying to be skidoo's can't go down them.....

it cause the quad tracks make the skis wonder all over the place and it sucks azz......

plus its winter and time to skidoo not quad....

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time I looked it was spring . I know I will be tearing up the trails this weekend outwest , sled trails or not . AS long as they are not designated for sleds . I probably wont make it 50 feet past the truck anyways with all the snow

Last edited:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's my whole point here, what is
more dangerous, a trail with a quad rut the whole way or one big pile of snow left by a sled taking off at full throttle ??
I ride sleds too and have been surprised and almost wrecked by these big snow piles from a wide open take off by a sled, at least with a quad rut it doesn't catch you off guard and cause a near miss or worse !!!
Don't you think about the next one down the trail before you nail the gas on take off ??? Then go ahead and bitch about a quad rut , even more so at this time off year.

ChrisG

Reaction score
I have, for the most part, always been respectful of skidoo trails as i also like to use them in winter but being that we are into the second week of april and we have near double digit weather, i think its time to put the tracked vehicles away and bring out the mud slingin' machines. I dont mean to stir the pot any, but lets face it, spring is here and winter is OVER.

Hadster, are u the one heading up the rocky rail line ride? Ive never done the ride bfore but would love to. Im curious as to if its more of a guys trip or if the wives are coming.
Chris

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are gonna try Southfork or maybe rip around cuttoff creek??? If i can get my cage painted and on ther rhino by Sunday, I will let you know:):):beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have, for the most part, always been respectful of skidoo trails as i also like to use them in winter but being that we are into the second week of april and we have near double digit weather, i think its time to put the tracked vehicles away and bring out the mud slingin' machines. I dont mean to stir the pot any, but lets face it, spring is here and winter is OVER.

Hadster, are u the one heading up the rocky rail line ride? Ive never done the ride bfore but would love to. Im curious as to if its more of a guys trip or if the wives are coming.
Chris

I am helping out with people wanting to do the trip, wives and girlfriends do come along sometimes, but it seems to be mostly the guys. I think there are some kids riding along with parents this time.
Be aware it is a must to have at least some excperince riding, there are some steeper hills and some muskeg spots , also it is between 7 and 11 hours ONE WAY including refreshment & snack breaks. Don't worry however no one gets left behind we always help everyone along the way.

ChrisG

Reaction score
If im around when you guys do the trip, im in for sure. Picked up a new rzr last fall and am dying to take it on a long trip like this rather than the half days we did in fall. I used to ride a sp. 500 but didnt like the stuff i put it through so its taking some time off lol.

Rhino_10

Reaction score
Thinking about heading out to south fork next weekend, on the quads and side by sides. Just wondering if anyone has been out that way to see what the snow is like out there? If its too deep. Thanks

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If im around when you guys do the trip, im in for sure. Picked up a new rzr last fall and am dying to take it on a long trip like this rather than the half days we did in fall. I used to ride a sp. 500 but didnt like the stuff i put it through so its taking some time off lol.

Put your name on the Rocky Rail Spring Ride list 14 & 15 of May over night in Nordegg Lodge. The list is under Rocky Rail Spring Ride ( horberg to nordegg ) "FyreRyder" is makeing the list. Nordegg Lodge 800 number is 1-800-408-3294 :) Hope this helps you.

Top Bottom