Quadding Claims the Life of Another Young Rider

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12-year-old Alberta boy dies when all-terrain vehicle flips
Nov, 19 2007 - 3:50 PM

NAMPA - A 12-year-old boy in Nampa, Northern Alberta has died after the all-terrain vehicle he was driving flipped and trapped him and his young cousin (8 Years Old) underneath.

Peace River R.C.M.P. say the 8-year-old girl was able to get out from under the vehicle and run for help.

Family members tried to revive the 12-year-old driver, but he was already dead when paramedics arrived.

Police say inexperience and the nature of the terrain probably contributed to the accident.

The rollover occurred on farmland near Nampa, about 25 kilometres southeast of Peace River. (CP, ccg)
- The Canadian Press

That's Terrible news, especially in a town of Nampa's Size... Only a couple hundread people live in that town/area and it's tragic impact has been devastating on the family as well as the community as a whole.

My Sympathy's go out to the family and friends of the boy.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's Terrible news, especially in a town of Nampa's Size... Only a couple hundread people live in that town/area and it's tragic impact has been devastating on the family as well as the community as a whole.

My Sympathy's go out to the family and friends of the boy.

x2 Very Sad News

F

FAB1

Sad Sad News....Condolences to the family and friends of this young lad.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats terrible my sincerest to the family and friends of the child. I cant imagine how that would feel.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my thoughts are with the young lad's family and friends.

Makes me wonder though, what was a 12 year old doing out on a quad unsupervised......

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Makes me wonder though, what was a 12 year old doing out on a quad unsupervised......

With his 8 year old cousin.... :rant: :nono:

This is not the first accident up here in the Peace Country where an un-supervised child has been riding a quad and critically hurt them selves, and/or succomed to their injuries.
It must be something in our water.

charity650

Reaction score

My heart goes out to the family, but I really have to agree with TylerG Why were they not suppervised?? A boy died here in my home town too a couple months ago, he and his cousin both unsupervised were riding and collided with each other she was air lifted to Edmonton. Kids and more importantly "PARENTS" have no respect for these machines, I mean come on my 7 year old rides a 90 which weighs 285 pounds, how many adults would be able to get that off of them if it landed on them let alone a kid? Thats alot of weight and there is no way my kid would ever be allowed to ride unsupervised.:nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad event for sure. In light of what happened, hopefully it opens other parents eyes.:(

GRD

Reaction score
Condolences to the family and friends of this young boy.

Top Bottom