quad loading option on newer f150's ... very cool

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's about time !! Gotta love ford engineers !! Must be total gearheads !
Knowing my luck I would smack the side of my truck with the ramp lol

Denali4me

Reaction score
Seems to work Ok with a perfectly clean truck, ramps, and quad. I bet they don't work so well when you add mud, snow, and ice into the equation...Ramps could also have more traction surface area for safety.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, needs more traction. I also wonder on how secure is that lip that holds the ramps?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that but the price is kinda high. Also that fact that you design an option for a quad but the tailgate stays down still. If you have to have the extra short box then make a cover for the tailgate maybe???

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that but the price is kinda high. Also that fact that you design an option for a quad but the tailgate stays down still. If you have to have the extra short box then make a cover for the tailgate maybe???
Cover for what?

I think there is enough grip. If one was really concerned or found them to be slippery go buy a couple boxes of self tapping screws and run them in.

I was surprised the truck only dropped an inch when he loaded it. Buddy has the same machine and his 2015 hemi 1/2 ton dodge squats about 3". He had to install some bags.

Which brings up another point, when are they going to develop an auto headlight levelling system? Tired of being blinded by guys with a load on with no bags in their truck to level it or to lazy to re-aim their lights.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Which brings up another point, when are they going to develop an auto headlight levelling system? Tired of being blinded by guys with a load on with no bags in their truck to level it or to lazy to re-aim their lights.

It's been developed for a long time now. Both my Grand Cherokees have it. They turn sideways for cornering as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lip looks good, until you try and shovel gravel out the back of your truck. Good idea, flawed execution IMO.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been developed for a long time now. Both my Grand Cherokees have it. They turn sideways for cornering as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I meant on all pick ups.
I know it's been out in luxury cars for several years.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then how do you deal with the gap between your bed and tailgate?

Shovel the gravel across it, it fills up first pass and Roberts your Mothers Brother. It's also much easier to turn the shovel at a slight angle and just shovel across a gap, rather that keep hitting a raised lip. But that's assuming you use a truck for hauling stuff. Sliding drywall, OSB, plywood, insulation… work truck stuff, would also be a pain with the lip. But as mentioned, an F150 with a 5' box probably isn't being used as a truck, even with the girly "Man Step" mentioned in the video.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cover for what?

I think there is enough grip. If one was really concerned or found them to be slippery go buy a couple boxes of self tapping screws and run them in.

I was surprised the truck only dropped an inch when he loaded it. Buddy has the same machine and his 2015 hemi 1/2 ton dodge squats about 3". He had to install some bags.

With your tail gate down it can get chewed up by gravel pretty easy. Especially if it is aluminum now. A km or two won't matter but if you want to travel down something like the forestry trunk road for an hour or two your tail gate is going to get banged up pretty good if it is down.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant on all pick ups.
I know it's been out in luxury cars for several years.

Mine has adjustable headlights but not automatic. A roller switch on the dash moves a reflector that covers the bulb. 2014 Tundra

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad they can't design a real paint job....my paint is paper thin....a stiff wind will chip it...wtf it's like one layer with a clear coat

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your tail gate down it can get chewed up by gravel pretty easy. Especially if it is aluminum now. A km or two won't matter but if you want to travel down something like the forestry trunk road for an hour or two your tail gate is going to get banged up pretty good if it is down.

Especially trucks with the new "spoiler" lookin' thing at the top of the gate. That lip points down and really catches the rocks.

This is a clever addition, and yes, much better than my mexican tire bear traps, but there is still room for improvement. You can tell it's a bolt on accessory and not something built into the truck when they engineered the thing. Good to see they're starting to think about how people actually use trucks these days.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to disagree with you guys on the chipped tailgate thing. Very rare to get a chip just from having the gate down.

Case in point my friend has an '08 F-250 shortbox that he has had a truck camper in which was made for a long box for 5 years now. He left the gate on. Not one chip. I have about 100 chips in mine and they are all from towing trailers on gravel. I rarely drive with it down.

The rocks hit the trailer and bounce forward. My brother leaves his down all the time hauling his atv and rarely tows anything. Hardly a chip in his '04 Chevrolet.

Maybe if you don't have mudflaps you may get more, but I doubt it. My brother's truck has no flaps and he runs mud tires.

Top Bottom