Prowlers vs Rhino vs Ranger?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw alot of prowlers with missing fender on the robb rally.. never heard of any rhino having any problems.. but thats just that instance.

ive rode with manny rhinos tho and i think it in all honesty depends on the driver of how far you can take those machines. if the driver is half nuts with lots of $ and doesnt care what he breaks you can damn near take a rhino anywhere so long as no breakage. so far my group hasnt had one break down and they have drove them to the boards everywhere we have went..

seeing a rhino launch up a vertical beaver dam 8 feet up is a thing to see let me tell you. I know i didnt even try to do that to my grizzly i just went around it.

on the other hand with drivers like that things end up broken eventualy

ian_daddylonglegs

Reaction score
PROWLER ALL THE WAY MAN MY DAD HAS BEEN THROUGH SOME SICK STUFF go to his web and check it out the web is www.buckparadise outfitters.com;);)and go to the bear pictures in at the top of the screen and look at the pics u might have to search a little but u should find them !!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I've impressed a few people with mine,yup the fenders suck.I only have one front one left that is unbroken,Replaced the back ones with rubber.Lets just say I have ate a lot of Grizzly!
catmando!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replaced the back ones with rubber

now if they come with rubber fenders that would rock hu.. like the fender type the hondas come with on the outside fender. flexible stuff.

ive also seen a front axle on a prowler just spit out on the ground going down some rutted trails that was sad.

but knowing yamaha rhinos will do this aswell seeing how manny grizzies that happens too. its just a matter of time with independent suspensions. 1 bad C clip.

M

motorsportaddiction

For some more information on the Ranger vs Ranger see the June 07 edition of the Dirt Wheels magizine they have a feature on the Ranger XP vs Rhino Sport vs Prowler Xt.

RON
I believe the rhino won.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been riding my RZR and this thing is good, will have to see what it is like side by side with the rest of them, but I really like it. Not to much deep mud here so can't say if it will be any good there but on our forest roads and the trails it is great.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear how this ends ..
but you guys know that the Polaris Razer is out now and is getting some smoking reviews . Guess we just have to wait for some run ins with some of these . :cool:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a RZR on order...can't wait for it to arrive! No set arrival date yet though :(

Nice I think that going to be a great sidebyside, make sure you put some pics up when you get it. Congrats:D

chinook75

Reaction score
Heres a short clip of a RZR in action. First time trying to post a link so hopefully it works. :shrug:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Chinook, vid turned out great.... makes a guy want to run out and buy one of these. Any idea how much$$$$ coin they're goin' for. I understand they can be made street legal too(saw that on the RZR website on your other link). I like 'em:D

chinook75

Reaction score
Summitric said:
Any idea how much$$$$ coin they're goin' for.

They are $13,999.00+GST...and easily add another $1000.00 for accessories, honestly probably extra $2000.00 by the time you put on a new set of rims/tires. A little on the steep side IMO.

Heres the kicker...they are going for $9,999.00 south of the border. So if a guy could get his hands on one he could save himself a shwack of coin with our dollar exchange rate atm! :rant:

GRD

Reaction score
That would be the way to go.... I think by next year when there is not such a high demand, it maybe easier to find one. I still have to convince the wife.

They are $13,999.00+GST...and easily add another $1000.00 for accessories, honestly probably extra $2000.00 by the time you put on a new set of rims/tires. A little on the steep side IMO.

Heres the kicker...they are going for $9,999.00 south of the border. So if a guy could get his hands on one he could save himself a shwack of coin with our dollar exchange rate atm! :rant:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

my only concern with doing that would be how much duty and stuff would you have to pay at the border coming back up? would it equal out to be the same as if you bought it at a dealer here?

GRD

Reaction score
The only thing you have to pay coming over the border is GST. A neighbor of mine bought a brand new RV trailer and saved about $8000, after going down to Montana and pulling it home. He didn't have a problem at the border, just was asked for paper work and to pay the gst. Another buddy of mine is looking into purchasing a car, brand new, from the states. He thinks he will be able to save almost 10k on a car priced a 45K in Canada.

my only concern with doing that would be how much duty and stuff would you have to pay at the border coming back up? would it equal out to be the same as if you bought it at a dealer here?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
EXCHANGE RATE AND SHIPPING?.......HEY TG.... PEOPLE ARE SAVING THOUSANDS ON BUYING NEW VEHICLES SOUTH OF THE BOARDER AT PRESENT. JUST SAW A PROGRAM ON TV AND IT TALKED ABOUT THE SAVINGS CURRENTLY. 1 FELLOW WANTED TO BUY A TITAN AND UP HERE WOULDA COST ABOUT $40,000.00, SO HE FLEW SOUTH TO VEGAS AND PICKED ONE UP FOR A SHADE OVER $28,000 FOR THE SAME VEHICLE AND HAD A NICE DRIVE BACK..... WITH EXCHANGE RATES AND ALL, HE SAVED $7000.00 INCLUDING FLIGHT, HOTELS, GAS.
I JUST HEARD THAT MY TRUCK, AN '06 MEGACAB DODGE 3500 TURBO DIESEL SLT- RETAILED HERE FOR $56000.00(I PAID $45,000.00):ignore:, IS GOING IN VEGAS FOR $38000.00!!!:eek:
AT PRESENT I'M BRINGING IN LOTS OF NEW PARTS(FROM CYCLEPARTSNATION.COM IN THE U.S., AND THEY ALSO CAN GET SLED PARTS FOR ALL MAKES..... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THERE SITE!!!) AND SOME USED PARTS(E-BAY) FOR MY 2006YAMAHA ROYAL STAR MIDNIGHT VENTURE PROJECT AND AM GOING TO SAVE WELL OVER 2/3 WHAT I WOULD'VE PAID YAMAHA DEALERS UP HERE. WILL HAVE ABOUT $2500.00 OF PARTS(INCLUDING EXCHANGE AND FREIGHT) AND WOULD'VE COST OVER $8000.00 HERE AT THE YAMAHA DEALERS. :D:D:D
SO THERE IS A HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD RIGHT NOW, SHOPPING SOUTH OF THE BOARDER, ESPECIALLY WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE BEING SO GOOD!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
EXCHANGE RATE AND SHIPPING?.......HEY TG.... PEOPLE ARE SAVING THOUSANDS ON BUYING NEW VEHICLES SOUTH OF THE BOARDER AT PRESENT. JUST SAW A PROGRAM ON TV AND IT TALKED ABOUT THE SAVINGS CURRENTLY. 1 FELLOW WANTED TO BUY A TITAN AND UP HERE WOULDA COST ABOUT $40,000.00, SO HE FLEW SOUTH TO VEGAS AND PICKED ONE UP FOR A SHADE OVER $28,000 FOR THE SAME VEHICLE AND HAD A NICE DRIVE BACK..... WITH EXCHANGE RATES AND ALL, HE SAVED $7000.00 INCLUDING FLIGHT, HOTELS, GAS.
I JUST HEARD THAT MY TRUCK, AN '06 MEGACAB DODGE 3500 TURBO DIESEL SLT- RETAILED HERE FOR $56000.00(I PAID $45,000.00):ignore:, IS GOING IN VEGAS FOR $38000.00!!!:eek:
AT PRESENT I'M BRINGING IN LOTS OF NEW PARTS(FROM CYCLEPARTSNATION.COM IN THE U.S., AND THEY ALSO CAN GET SLED PARTS FOR ALL MAKES..... BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THERE SITE!!!) AND SOME USED PARTS(E-BAY) FOR MY 2006YAMAHA ROYAL STAR MIDNIGHT VENTURE PROJECT AND AM GOING TO SAVE WELL OVER 2/3 WHAT I WOULD'VE PAID YAMAHA DEALERS UP HERE. WILL HAVE ABOUT $2500.00 OF PARTS(INCLUDING EXCHANGE AND FREIGHT) AND WOULD'VE COST OVER $8000.00 HERE AT THE YAMAHA DEALERS. :D:D:D
SO THERE IS A HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD RIGHT NOW, SHOPPING SOUTH OF THE BOARDER, ESPECIALLY WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE BEING SO GOOD!!!

well I know where I'm gonna go for my next truck & toy!

bkdmech

Reaction score
So far we haven't been able to get a Cat to come out and play with The Rhino, Ranger's there no Cat though.

Top Bottom