Pro Ride vs M and XP-Ride/Handling

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was curious if anyone who doesn't ride a Poo has had the chance to take the Pro Ride chassis out for a ride?...I know Poo guys will says it's awesome but i wanna see what others have to say about ride that don't ride Poo's..
If you have how did it feel compared to what you are riding now?

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the new pro out for a day when they had polaris days in revy. It was awesome.. I ride a ski doo xp and loved it until i rode the pro.. I have never been a polaris fan but the sled sure changed my mind..Im actually thinking of changing over next year just gonna wait to see if they got all the bugs outta their engine problems. Anyone who says the sled isnt great is full of it

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a new pro 163" in our group, a 2010 m8, and two 09 XPs. I ride one of the XPs and have tried both the m8 and the pro. I found the pro rolls over way easier than the m8 which is easier than the XP. I was laying in the snow the first donut I tried.

The 163" climbed ontop of the snow better than the XP for sure, just kept chugging (but the XP is a 154). I found it some what hard to get used to it, didn't like the feel of the handlebars. Running boards are awesome.

After only about a half an hour or so of riding i prefer my XP more than the popo. But i've got 1800 miles of seat time as opposed to maybe 20 miles, so not really a fair comparison.

H2O

Reaction score
Sounds like a brand bias post...... Hard to admit the pro is that good.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a brand bias post...... Hard to admit the pro is that good.

not a brand bias post at all ..i just wanna see how well it is compared to the M and XP because everyone knows how well they are.Now that Polaris has a new design i wanna hear some feedback on what why thought after riding it.Good or bad

H2O

Reaction score
Sorry Rudy.... I was refering to bayman.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin rode an 07 XRS 159 last winter and went to the Pro this year and loves it. He's not a brand loyal or experianced rider and not the bragging type. He said it handles way better and can side hill for days with it. The only reason he went to the poo is because he wrote the XRS off and his boss just bought the polaris dealership in st.paul.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 summit x 800 etec 154. The new suspension and stance on these things make them so nice to throw around. Way easier than the 09s. I have yet to ride a pro rmk. But all I can say is the 2011 Doo's are awesome compared to the first few years.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 summit x 800 etec 154. The new suspension and stance on these things make them so nice to throw around. Way easier than the 09s. I have yet to ride a pro rmk. But all I can say is the 2011 Doo's are awesome compared to the first few years.

Emanaaron you went from a gade to a summit maybe that's why it feels alot easier to throw around?...Just asking because i was reading in the Snow Tech mag and they say the 2011 Summit handles better that the 08-09 and still better than the 10....Damn now i need a 2011

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emanaaron you went from a gade to a summit maybe that's why it feels alot easier to throw around?...Just asking because i was reading in the Snow Tech mag and they say the 2011 Summit handles better that the 08-09 and still better than the 10....Damn now i need a 2011

i did the 2010 rear skid upgrade on my 09 and it is a whole new sled now.... my XP used to be ignorant trying to get up and stay on its side, now it is worlds better... thought about trying something different before but now im sure ill keep the XP for a while...

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Rudy.... I was refering to bayman.

not biased at all actually....i had a polaris quad years ago that turned me pretty hard from the brand.

The guy asked , i replied with what i thought about the sled.

-Lays over easy
-Climbs ontop of the snow
-Didn't like the feel of handlebars
-underpowered and still a POLARIS
-seems like it is made too light(430lbs)....will go through alot of a-arms and such (just like the XP)

far from biased on Polaris....Doo maybe:beer:

might be able to make a good sled if the motor holds up and accepts a turbo easily

Top Bottom