PPE for Iraq

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got internet and thought I would share the PPE used for traveling while I am over here. The weather is warming up, and operations seems to be at a stand still. The people are friendly except the one's that may try to take a shot at me, or see this beautiful head as a souvenir ..lol. Anyways heading home now hope to get another ride in or two before coming back over here.

Attachments

• DSC00700.jpg
    DSC00700.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC00699.jpg
    DSC00699.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 345

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't carry an AK but just before the picture was taken they did let me shoot it...it was a blast..fully auto is a blast you can go through a 30 round clip in about 3 seconds..and ways heads still on my shoulders and sled dreams running through my head..time to get back to Canada!

Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't carry an AK but just before the picture was taken they did let me shoot it...it was a blast..fulling auto is a blast you can go through a 30 round clip in about 3 seconds..and ways heads still on my shoulders and sled dreams running through my head..time to get back to Canada!

well your in luck cuz theres still lots of snow to be had out there!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in Iraq and what a chit show!...If it's not the wild dogs, or the millions of mice that come out at night, or the heat..then its going to be the armed blockade blocking the entrance to the rig site with AK 47's, and RPG's cutting off all shipments to the rig and to camp. There intent is to stop all equipment, food, water and diesel and it worked for 3 days. Don't think I will be having them book me a return ticket to here after this!....So long Iraq...you can stay a 3rd world country for all I care! I need a :beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ah come on Darin go out there and give then an old fashion Canadian a$$ kickin :cool:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the road block is down but the reason why it was started in the first place still hasn't been resolved..so the security team is warning us it could happen again...so they have added more sand bags around the rig, and stocked all the shacks with more food and water....I guess prepare for the worse and hope for the best!:d There is an Egyptian guy working here cleaning rooms in camp, and when chit hits the fan I am hiding behind him!...I will try and get a picture with the guy..and you will see what I am talking about..crazy chit...I think he has the same thing that Andre The Giant had!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the road block is down but the reason why it was started in the first place still hasn't been resolved..so the security team is warning us it could happen again...so they have added more sand bags around the rig, and stocked all the shacks with more food and water....I guess prepare for the worse and hope for the best!:d There is an Egyptian guy working here cleaning rooms in camp, and when chit hits the fan I am hiding behind him!...I will try and get a picture with the guy..and you will see what I am talking about..crazy chit...I think he has the same thing that Andre The Giant had!

remember what good old ralph said shoot shovel shutup problem solved lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a relative that is working offshore at Nigeria and he is experiencing a similar life over there. They move him to and from the rig in darkness,well guarded and no eye contact is made at road blocks. He is gonna pay for his new house in one year of work but you can't spend the bucks if you pizz off the wrong people. Be safe and get out of there in one piece! :):beer:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep no point being the richest man in the grave yard!:d..Nigeria is a bad spot right now too!..Its funny because here they only have us drive in day light hours only. Here is a photo of a IED(improvised Explosive Device) that a gravel truck hit while they where building the rig site, luckily the driver wasn't hurt!.

Attachments

• DSC00806.jpg
    DSC00806.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Top Bottom