Powerhouse customs chassis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested in how these chassis are holding up and how they handle. Has any one got any seat time on them? Does the center of gravity feel any lower than the nytros do.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

• [h=1]Turtle Mountain 2013-03-23[/h]We had received snow/rain, depending on elevation, all week… the skies cleared on Friday afternoon and the sun was forecasted to shine all weekend. The

[h=1]Video[/h]
[h=2]March Rocks![/h]
Great weekend with the Powerhouse Crew! A few multi-angle shots climbing with ...
[h=3]VideoLaird Pulls The Duke Chute! [/h]March 7th | by Jane[h=3]VideoI Love My 4 Stroke in the Trees! [/h]March 7th | by Jane[h=3]VideoDeep Snow and Deep Creeks![/h]February 28th | by Jane
[h=1][/h]
[h=2]FOR SALE… Laird’s 4130 Apex Pro – Spring Special $30,000 Cdn[/h]
Brand New Powerhouse Customs Water To Air System Apex Engine 2871 ...
[h=3]Turtle Mountain 2013-03-23 [/h]March 25th | by Jane[h=3]Turtle Mountain 2013-03-09 [/h]March 11th | by Jane[h=3]Turtle Mountain 2013-02-24 [/h]February 26th | by Jane

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
4130 Chromoly Tube Chassis… These sleds have been developed to offer the existing Yamaha Four Stroke owners, particularly the Turbo guys, an option to transplant their existing engines and drive system into a custom, strong, light, performance chassis.
This 4130 Tube chassis combines the awesome power of Yamaha’s four stroke motors in a chassis that features the best performing front and rear suspensions, with proven performance shocks, (Elka or Raptor). Standard features are the forward rider positioning, excellent track attack angle, 36 litre aluminum fuel tank c/w fuel loop system for pickup and return.
We currently offer this chassis with the Polaris Pro Plastics, seven panels of Polaris plastic trimmed fit and mounted. We are looking at offering a Yamaha body version by spring 2013.
For the most part, this chassis will allow an existing Apex owner to disassemble his sled and bolt the engine, drive train, (and potentially rear skid), into the new chassis. As there is a multitude of different rear suspensions out there, I would have to confirm the fit of some brands. As I build these sleds in a “jig”, I have committed the Jig to fit the Racer’s Edge skid. Nytro engine can also be used.
The chassis is 4130 chromoly steel, all welding is done by TIG process. Bending is done on a mandrel bender. The tunnel is constructed out of 5053 aluminum, 0.080” thick. The combination of the 0.080” tunnel and chromoly tubing provide the required rigidity, while keeping it light. For comparison sake, our 4130 chassis weighs a full 100 pounds less than a similarly built Yamaha sled, (same track length etc.). With reliability and durability in mind, it is designed around the stock Apex chaincase and shafts, reverse is recommended. Spindle centre to centre is 38”.
I recommend the stock wiring harness be brought over from your donor sled, utilizing the stock multi function display instrument.
This chassis is relatively expensive as it takes me a month to produce one, depending on the state of completion, however, it is very custom/unique and will be an attention getter where ever it goes. The performance attributes speak for themselves.
Available from a bare chassis out of the jig, to a completed turn-key sled.
Get back to me directly for more info and/or ordering details.
Regards
Ron MacDougall

[h=4]About the Author[/h]

[h=4]Related Posts[/h]

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested in how these chassis are holding up and how they handle. Has any one got any seat time on them? Does the center of gravity feel any lower than the nytros do.

I've rode Lairds quite a bit. I love how the chassis handles and how narrow the sled feels in the Pro plastic. It feels so much lighter and more nimble to ride than a Nytro. For me having a perfect donor sled, it is the way to go..

Last edited:
Top Bottom