Position of apv when engine is off?

M1K

Reaction score
So I have been getting my sled (M1000) ready for the awesome season that I'm sure will come in a few weeks....hopefully, anyways I removed my Y pipe to check things out and am thinking it would be a good time to set my APV's.
Has anyone set them this way? Mine are currently hanging down approx 1".

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you measure from the end of the exposed cable to the center of the ball on the end not sure what the measument is for the 1000

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been getting my sled (M1000) ready for the awesome season that I'm sure will come in a few weeks....hopefully, anyways I removed my Y pipe to check things out and am thinking it would be a good time to set my APV's.
Has anyone set them this way? Mine are currently hanging down approx 1".

Took this from my manual for you: According to the manual adjustments should be made after 1000-2000 miles and thereafter!

M1K

Reaction score
Thanks Macronut for the details.
I do normally set the cables by measuring the cable length but am wondering if it is normal for the valves to hang down into the cylinder an inch when the motor is off. Just want to make sure my servo motor is working properly..... I would guess if it isn't the ECM would put the sled into limp mode.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Macronut for the details.
I do normally set the cables by measuring the cable length but am wondering if it is normal for the valves to hang down into the cylinder an inch when the motor is off. Just want to make sure my servo motor is working properly..... I would guess if it isn't the ECM would put the sled into limp mode.

Hope that helped!

Top Bottom