polish&annodize or just annodize

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how do I get that glossy black look? I've heard if you annodize alluminum after it's polished it will be glossy like powdercoat. Is this the case?

I want stiffners to be gloss black, should I polish un-annodized stiffners and then annodize? or just powdercoat them?

apex69

Reaction score
so how do I get that glossy black look? I've heard if you annodize alluminum after it's polished it will be glossy like powdercoat. Is this the case?

I want stiffners to be gloss black, should I polish un-annodized stiffners and then annodize? or just powdercoat them?

they tell me polish then annodize for a shiny look

Dirka-Dirka

Reaction score
I like to anodize over powder coating as there is no weight. I would not polish the metal first.

Reaction score
Website
www.cowboypowdercoating.com
Powdercoating is not as heavy as people think,basically its a plastic durable coating applied between 1-2 mils thick.Larger section of colors and textures with Powder.I just did a MC frame with less than 1/2 pound of Powder.
Here is the frame and some glossy Black parts.
xr1-1.jpg

cb1.jpg

wetb.jpg

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had some ruffer older parts so i went with powder coating.

Yes i would polish befor anodize. the guy that was going to do mine said clean/sand/or polish till your happy cause it's basically like a colored glass coating in the sense you still see any metal inperfections.

Top Bottom