polaris vs e-tec

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just to add fuel to the fire :smiliestirthepot:, here's a video I shot in McBride a couple of weeks ago. A buddy I was riding with has a 2011 Doo 800 p-tek 163 (not e-tec) and I let him try out my Pro 163. He wasn't to happy with his Summit. He had Glenn at Spindrift check out his clutching. Next day same result. I think he's looking at trading in for a Pro.:d

Best to view the vid in the highest resolution.:beer:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKb3u01f0h0[/YT]

YAY......... parkin and filmin in the run out zone...........

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out in mc bride a few weeks ago one buddy had the 155 pro rmk and the other had the 154 e-tec and i drove them both all day and ended up snow checkin the e-tec.
i was comfortable on the pro cause it felt pretty much the same as my sled and wasnt to comfortable on the e-tec and still out climbed the pro over and over again.

A Doo will always out climb a poo. The most important factor is the 800 Doo engine will by far out last the poo by far with regular maint.:beer::d

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Doo will always out climb a poo. The most important factor is the 800 Doo engine will by far out last the poo by far with regular maint.:beer::d

well we dont really know that yet

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we dont really know that yet

You don't really know that YET but in time you will learn. Take 2 riders same weight and same track lengths the Doo will out climb the Poo but more importantly the Doo will out last the poo. I guess I can't blame the poo riders it's been a long time since they have had somethin to brag about. You all should be happy to even be sort of in the same catagory as the Doo. If the Doo's are what everyone is comparing to that would mean it's the mark to beat.:d:beer:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YAY......... parkin and filmin in the run out zone...........

We were well aware of the risks. We viewed the avalanche bulletin before we rode (moderate). We paid attention to how the snow reacted on similar slopes. I was parked in the center of the lake and the rest of the group was on the other side. I think we managed the risk appropriately, and with more information you can get from a video.

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't really know that YET but in time you will learn. Take 2 riders same weight and same track lengths the Doo will out climb the Poo but more importantly the Doo will out last the poo. I guess I can't blame the poo riders it's been a long time since they have had somethin to brag about. You all should be happy to even be sort of in the same catagory as the Doo. If the Doo's are what everyone is comparing to that would mean it's the mark to beat.:d:beer:

isnt that what i said about four posts ago (climbing part)

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were well aware of the risks. We viewed the avalanche bulletin before we rode (moderate). We paid attention to how the snow reacted on similar slopes. I was parked in the center of the lake and the rest of the group was on the other side. I think we managed the risk appropriately, and with more information you can get from a video.

Point he's trying to make is it isn't safe to park in the runout any time.:d:beer:

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't matter what it is just happy to ride it ! Ride on :):beer:

thats true always wanted to do a sled trip and no one could have a sled newer than a 1995 and i bet it would be one of the funnest days
(as long as trail is groomed)

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
thats true always wanted to do a sled trip and no one could have a sled newer than a 1995 and i bet it would be one of the funnest days

I hear ya jay Gots a 81 Everest.... It's still a blast to ride !

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmmm guess I'd have to take the best mtn sled of that era 95 670 summit. A buddy down Fernie way rides a 670 mod crazy snap to it.JMHO:beer::d

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just to add fuel to the fire :smiliestirthepot:, here's a video I shot in McBride a couple of weeks ago. A buddy I was riding with has a 2011 Doo 800 p-tek 163 (not e-tec) and I let him try out my Pro 163. He wasn't to happy with his Summit. He had Glenn at Spindrift check out his clutching. Next day same result. I think he's looking at trading in for a Pro.:d

Best to view the vid in the highest resolution.:beer:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKb3u01f0h0[/YT]

OMG!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Did we just witness hell freezing over???? :):beer:

Top Bottom