polaris reverse?

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hope im not re-hashing any old threads or debates or beating a dead horse by asking but i looked all over the forum for this info but couldent find it. i just bought a 2003 polaris x-edge 800 twin and it dosent have reverse, what options are avail to me? ive done a little searching and could only find electric reverse? also its a pullstart but the ignition key says elec start and has an ignition like a car, can i just add a battery to make it a turnkey? would the wiring be there for a batt? what about a starter? i would look at my machiene but she's already been put to bed for the summer (and tarped & barracaded in my garage) any info on either issue would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone has a mbrp can that would work im lookin... thanks

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy the reverse. It comes with a new secondary clutch, tach, and wire harness. Its pretty easy to put in!

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont bother, pull the cord and go (unless you cant) Save money and weight because once you get hooked, next winter youll ride a couple of years (maybe) and be quickly looking for something a little newer cause all the brands are so much better now, and I dont think its worth it (resale wise). All in all that is a nice sled for 03.

ACP OUT!!!!!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have all kinds of parts for your sled. SLP can if your interested? Brand new mountain mod Lightweight hood message me for a complete list of your interested and just pull rope and go is your best bet not worth the time and effort/money to put reverse into it. You would have to change your cdi box and get perc. Great sled ran it for years just ride it and try and shed as much weight as possible

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont bother, pull the cord and go (unless you cant) Save money and weight because once you get hooked, next winter youll ride a couple of years (maybe) and be quickly looking for something a little newer cause all the brands are so much better now, and I dont think its worth it (resale wise). All in all that is a nice sled for 03.

ACP OUT!!!!!
im with this one bro just run it, you will be wanting better especialy if some one in your group has a newer sled. And they do get better the newer they are in my opinnioin.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im with this one bro just run it, you will be wanting better especialy if some one in your group has a newer sled. And they do get better the newer they are in my opinnioin.
yea i get that it's a slippery slope but for me it's just another thing to do in the winter, my true love is snowboarding and i get out as often as i can, it's not a way of life for me like it is for alot of people here so having the latest and best just isnt a big deal for me, even though i work in Ft.crack and 300+hp turbo mountain sleds are the rule, not the exeption. (literally, they are everywhere). i just want it to be easy to get out to the lake or mountains just for the day, and reverse would go a long way in tight trails and loading/unloading on trailers. i have no problem in pullstarting every time so living without turnkey start is not a problem but i would really like reverse, what exactly would i need for that to happen? thanks for all the replys/advice, much appreciated & keep it comming!

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have all kinds of parts for your sled. SLP can if your interested? Brand new mountain mod Lightweight hood message me for a complete list of your interested and just pull rope and go is your best bet not worth the time and effort/money to put reverse into it. You would have to change your cdi box and get perc. Great sled ran it for years just ride it and try and shed as much weight as possible
pm'd, thanx

Top Bottom