polaris rad issues

charjay 88

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on rad upgrades or relocating rad? Plugged up real bad in siltly,muddy water. Maybe moving rad higher?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the rad out. get a mount made for it and mount it to your front rack. then run your hoses. very easy and cheap to do. saves alot of time and hassle on the trail. i am going to be doing mine soon.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased this rad washer a few years ago.
Runs off a garden hose or trailer sprayer
Just another idea to get the mud out

Attachments

• IMG00150.jpg
    IMG00150.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76

chezandy0

Reaction score
if you want to use your stock rad ive got mounts made up for 07 800 sportsmans and you can still use your front trunk.i have all the hose lengths ect i can send you a pic if needed

andy

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want to use your stock rad ive got mounts made up for 07 800 sportsmans and you can still use your front trunk.i have all the hose lengths ect i can send you a pic if needed

andy

I am considering this remount also this winter I would like to see some of those pics please,and also some pics of snorkles done where u can still use the box if anybody has any.:thumbsup2:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am considering this remount also this winter I would like to see some of those pics please,and also some pics of snorkles done where u can still use the box if anybody has any.:thumbsup2:

crap i deleted all my pics of my old 500 when i had the rad relocated and snorkels. i had it so you could still put stuff in the front box but it was no where close to water tight. and you could open the front lid all the way.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah that sucks...... I have been searching for some different ideas and then I will figure something out. I want to get it all done this winter with the heavier springs also and I still have that shifting prob. to fiqure out also

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.... thats a good idea I will consider that when doing mine just not sure if 1.5" is big enough on an 800 considering how big the factory belt intake and exhaust is Has anyone else done this on an 800 with 1.5?

Top Bottom