• on 4th motor

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • on 5th motor

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thats the reason for the poll to see if there is an issue. I cant say exactly a number, but the trend you always see is that polaris engines blow up. i dont wish that on anyone, especially if it puts you in a bad situation being stuck in the sticks.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think every one that blew a engine should also post the miles on it, if your on your second engine and have 5000+ miles it dosn't seen to fair to say it was a faulty engine. so far there's more good than bad.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 800 dragon 155" 460 miles on original engine,Polaris shortblock installed.Had update topend done last season 970 miles end of season had dealer tear down for inspection,lower skirt area showed a wear mark on both pistons.They honed cyl and installed new pistons,now have 680 miles on them.The problem with this motor is excessive piston clearances and location of the lower injectors as they shoot cold gas at a hot piston skirt.Problems with sled are stators, lower injector harness's, voltage reg's which contribute to the poor run ability of the engine. My:twocents::twocents:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im not allowed to vote but i got 250 miles on my new pro and havent had any issues yet. interesting thing tho is it is really good on fuel and hardly uses any oil at all. i know it doesnt mean much but hey i guess if i can save money now i can afford to fix it later

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh how I wanted to vote on my fifth motor LOL!
Do you really think???????
Thinking I would give up after 3!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who the heck is skewing the pole and hitting 5!!!!!! theres no way you guys are on motor 5!!!!!! lets try and keep this accurate guys LOL

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems that a lot of 'friends' are having the issues as opposed to the actual members here...just my opinion...

Looks like there are more then just "friends" having issues...over 50% on at least their 2nd motor so far.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this up Maxwell, I do wonder how many responses are from folks trying to dump on Polaris though. I own 2 with no issues, can I vote twice?

Trench:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should be able to vote twice but unfortunately...cant. if you have access to anotehr computer with a diff ip address i dont see any reason why not its just fair.

2010_rmk

Reaction score
<~~~~ first motor had 1500 miles on it before she blew . Have about 250 miles on the new motor. Motor is running stronger then the day I bought the sled (more response).

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh how I wanted to vote on my fifth motor LOL!
Do you really think???????
Thinking I would give up after 3!

Seriously! Anybody stubborn or stupid enough to make it to their fifth engine has larger issues than a blown up sled.:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There needs to be an option...that I don't own a polaris so we can at least watch the results of this poll.

Top Bottom