Polaris Dragon garbage!!!

jtilley

Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with Polaris headquarters and they say and I quote "the problem with the motor is the Pipe"!!! I $h!t you not!!! So i figured I would let everyone i can possibly can that they are a bunch of douche bags!! Now I will say at least the dealership is helping the best they can but I will never buy another Polaris product. And just for good measure anyone else who is having problems with there 800 dragon the CEO 's e-mail is scott.wine@polarisind.com and the VP is william.fisher@polarisind.com feel free to send them an email on how you feel!! Maybe enough of us get together they will realize we pay there salaries!!

Joe
jtilley@pure-energy.ca
Previous message:If you guys can believe this Polaris wont warranty my 800 dragon motor. I am on engine #5 and it just went. The dealership is saying now its a cooling issue and figures they got it figured out.We'll see i guess. Has anyone heard of any other fixes??? Time to say here kitty kitty!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

woodym7

Reaction score
Unreal is all i have to say, i know 3 peeps with polaris product real well and a bunch of aquantances however i can say that i have never seen any of those 3 sleds work 2 days back to back, how are they getting away with this and still having people buy their product not to mention how much they are hurting the resale value of their product but putting these blowout deals on ......2010 in 2009 was what 13000 now you can pick them up for 8500 brand new.......so what does that make a used one worth...just my 2 cents but come on POLARIS some of our freinds ride your stuff and we would like to be able to go out with them without wrecking our bumpers trying to pull them back to the truck, besides the fact that we have to listen to them bitch the whole way home.........:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Well just got off the phone with Polaris headquarters and they say and I quote "the problem with the motor is the Pipe"!!! I $h!t you not!!! So i figured I would let everyone i can possibly can that they are a bunch of douche bags!! Now I will say at least the dealership is helping the best they can but I will never buy another Polaris product. And just for good measure anyone else who is having problems with there 800 dragon the CEO 's e-mail is scott.wine@polarisind.com and the VP is william.fisher@polarisind.com feel free to send them an email on how you feel!! Maybe enough of us get together they will realize we pay there salaries!!

Joe
jtilley@pure-energy.ca
Previous message:If you guys can belive this Polaris wont warrenty my 800 dragon motor. I am on engine #5 and it just went. The dealership is saying now its a cooling issue and figures they got it figured out.We'll see i guess. Has anyone heard of any other fixes??? Time to say here kitty kitty!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

woodym7

Reaction score
copy of email I sent polaris

So first off was a loyal polaris customer up untill 2008 when well i think you know what has happened......I guess my reason for emailing you is to let you know that the people who are die hard Polaris fans are even switching now...I dont care cause now that I have a cat and I will never go back but, my friends are all still sticking by your side well most anyways.

My issue is that now im not having fun anymore due to their unreliable sleds, i am always pulling wrenches, leaving early, towing them out etc.....I want to know if you guys will start warrantying my issues from pulling out Polaris product. 3 belts already this year, and 1 bumper so far and Ive only been out 6 rides.....twice we didnt even make it through the groomed trail to the mountains. Are you going to address this or do I need to adopt a no polaris policy in our riding group, you might think I'm joking but I'm not........2 hours in the truck each way, fuel, trail passes, food n drink and then to turn around and head home 2 hours later is startin to cost too much cash.

If you wont help your own customers help Arctic Cat and Doo and Yamaha, almost forgot about them, customers and fix these issues I want my riding partners back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
copy of email I sent polaris

So first off was a loyal polaris customer up untill 2008 when well i think you know what has happened......I guess my reason for emailing you is to let you know that the people who are die hard Polaris fans are even switching now...I dont care cause now that I have a cat and I will never go back but, my friends are all still sticking by your side well most anyways.

My issue is that now im not having fun anymore due to their unreliable sleds, i am always pulling wrenches, leaving early, towing them out etc.....I want to know if you guys will start warrantying my issues from pulling out Polaris product. 3 belts already this year, and 1 bumper so far and Ive only been out 6 rides.....twice we didnt even make it through the groomed trail to the mountains. Are you going to address this or do I need to adapt a no polaris policy in our riding group, you might think I'm joking but I'm not........2 hours in the truck each way, fuel, trail passes, food n drink and then to turn around and head home 2 hours later is startin to cost too much cash.

If you wont help your own customers help Arctic Cat and Doo customers and fix these issues I want my riding partners back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain man........ back in 2000 I bought a '00 RMK 800 , the worst decision I ever made and the day my misery started. To sum it all up, 4 engines in 4 seasons, after the last rebuild I took it home and put it up for sale, didn't ride it, didn't want to chance another blow up. My riding partners had a pool going every trip on whether I'd make it thru the day, I missed more riding in those 4 seasons than I got in, mainly due to the fact that parts were hard to come by as the 800 was a lemon thru and thru. On one trip back to the dealer to drop off the POS they showed me 7 other 800's they had in pieces on the bench/floor waiting for parts. For the past 5 seasons I've rode a Yamaha, other than having a stator to replace and some normal wear and tear parts it has run flawlessly and I haven't missed a trip due to mechanical failure.
I will never buy another new Polaris again either.........

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain man........ back in 2000 I bought a '00 RMK 800 , the worst decision I ever made and the day my misery started. To sum it all up, 4 engines in 4 seasons, after the last rebuild I took it home and put it up for sale, didn't ride it, didn't want to chance another blow up. My riding partners had a pool going every trip on whether I'd make it thru the day, I missed more riding in those 4 seasons than I got in, mainly due to the fact that parts were hard to come by as the 800 was a lemon thru and thru. On one trip back to the dealer to drop off the POS they showed me 7 other 800's they had in pieces on the bench/floor waiting for parts. For the past 5 seasons I've rode a Yamaha, other than having a stator to replace and some normal wear and tear parts it has run flawlessly and I haven't missed a trip due to mechanical failure.
I will never buy another new Polaris again either.........
Polaris has always been junk!!! From the 80,s on. Quads and sleds are inferior to any other brand. Always wondered why they r in business. The Lada of off road. Frick. China makes a comparable product. Lol

yugoboss

Reaction score
To me it,s kinda sad that we are in 2011 and still having motors blowing up
all the time, even back to my edge chassis with the bad crank seals.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me it,s kinda sad that we are in 2011 and still having motors blowing up
all the time, even back to my edge chassis with the bad crank seals.

Bet ya chris burandt bought a chopper by now to fly his junk home every other day

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's sad to hear of guys who put their heart and soul into their hobby only to be screwed over by a corporation. I truly hope that Polaris changes their mind or that you find happiness on a Cat like I have or a Doo like many on here have. Good luck.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole situation sucks, guys spend 10-15 grand on a sled and gets nothing but grief from it. Bad PTO bearings from 99-05, cranks on the 900, horrible injector set up on the 07-10 800. If it was me in this position I would spend all of my spare time gathering information like this thread, gathering names and stories about the endless cost of fixing and not riding these sleds and the 800 from the past 10 years and starting a Erin Brokovitch type campain to get resolution from Polaris. It pi$$es me off to read about this so much that I too may be saying here kitty, kitty

Top Bottom