Polaris Dragon garbage!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when the SRX wouldn't run that wasn't a "breakdown"?

How about when it started fouling plugs? What about the anti-freeze leak?

here are some threads started by you that suggest they have broken down young feller....A few months on the island in purgatory has made your mind forgettful........

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/anti-freeze-leak-19798.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f21/04-yamaha-bruin-350-starting-problems-20340.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f21/very-strange-problem-yamaha-bruin-20761.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/yamaha-srx-700-fouling-plugs-22845.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/sxr-700-wont-run-23293.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/sxr-700-wont-run-23294.html

funniest thing ive read all week.

woodym7

Reaction score
I cant believe you guys are defending this whole situation...........im sure polaris has a great product and i know they stand behind it 100%

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not in any way. ive been through a few rear bumpers because of it. however i dont think adding aftermarket products and expecting warranty is fair to the manufacturer either.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys are defending this whole situation...........im sure polaris has a great product and i know they stand behind it 100%

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with maxwell on this one. not defending them just sayin more to the story than meets the keyboard.
put yourself in the manufacturers boots. i buy my sled from you install pipes and pods and melt my engine down because im am running to lean. bring it in and want warrenty. your engine you should fix for me for free. right.:rolleyes: well ok maybe 1 or 2 guys but now my sled is coming back for the 3 or 4th time. i think you would tell me to gtfo as well. wont be in business long if you keep fixing everything for free. like i said i know lots of guys with polaris sleds and qauds that have never had an issue.

like every manufacturer out there the problems usually dont start till somebody mods something then it is just a train wreck waiting to happen. not saying mods are wrong, check out my sig. have done a few myself:rolleyes: but do your homework first and during and after to make it a reliable mod.
just sayin...........

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris has always been junk!!! From the 80,s on. Quads and sleds are inferior to any other brand. Always wondered why they r in business. The Lada of off road. Frick. China makes a comparable product. Lol

WTF are you takling about you tard 96 97 98 99 xlt 700 rmk who in your mind was in top in the early years or were you still on your moms tit !!!!!!!! Dont rant about chit you dont know.Its sad what has happend to this guy but to call them all junk is starting to piss me off. 5 motors ya something is wrong with YOUR sled not them all 3400 miles on mine 2000 miles on another the list goes on. like I said sorry about your luck with your dragon but mine and many others are fine.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF are you takling about you tard 96 97 98 99 xlt 700 rmk who in your mind was in top in the early years or were you still on your moms tit !!!!!!!! Dont rant about chit you dont know.Its sad what has happend to this guy but to call them all junk is starting to piss me off. 5 motors ya something is wrong with YOUR sled not them all 3400 miles on mine 2000 miles on another the list goes on. like I said sorry about your luck with your dragon but mine and many others are fine.

Amen preach it!!! Lol... Things break they get fixed sorry about your problems but having a good dealer and mechanic always help. Best of luck!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True and good comment. Your political presentation may need a little work tho. LOL.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree with maxwell on this one. not defending them just sayin more to the story than meets the keyboard.
put yourself in the manufacturers boots. i buy my sled from you install pipes and pods and melt my engine down because im am running to lean. bring it in and want warrenty. your engine you should fix for me for free. right.:rolleyes: well ok maybe 1 or 2 guys but now my sled is coming back for the 3 or 4th time. i think you would tell me to gtfo as well. wont be in business long if you keep fixing everything for free. like i said i know lots of guys with polaris sleds and qauds that have never had an issue.

like every manufacturer out there the problems usually dont start till somebody mods something then it is just a train wreck waiting to happen. not saying mods are wrong, check out my sig. have done a few myself:rolleyes: but do your homework first and during and after to make it a reliable mod.
just sayin...........
who in their right mind tells their dealer about their mods when the sled is still on warranty anyways?? pull that chit off, take it back and say "I dunno, it just quit...."

woodym7

Reaction score
Ya I agree actually with this 100%, and i understand why they are like that. Just thought I'd better clarify.

My issue was the reliability that's all, I've rode new ones when they work and they work well. Never tried a pro yet

im not in any way. ive been through a few rear bumpers because of it. however i dont think adding aftermarket products and expecting warranty is fair to the manufacturer either.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty much a known fact that those engines have issues. That being said, why would you run an aftermarket pipe if you're still expecting warranty? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just have a problem with that logic.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just like the guys that come to our shop. they chip their Diesel's to the max and want warranty when they blow it up, sorry but tough luck ain't going to happen. Same with engine duster air filters (all aftermarket junk), dust the engine no warranty. It sucks but it's true.

Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with Polaris headquarters and they say and I quote "the problem with the motor is the Pipe"!!! I $h!t you not!!! So i figured I would let everyone i can possibly can that they are a bunch of douche bags!! Now I will say at least the dealership is helping the best they can but I will never buy another Polaris product. And just for good measure anyone else who is having problems with there 800 dragon the CEO 's e-mail is scott.wine@polarisind.com and the VP is william.fisher@polarisind.com feel free to send them an email on how you feel!! Maybe enough of us get together they will realize we pay there salaries!!

Joe
jtilley@pure-energy.ca
Previous message:If you guys can believe this Polaris wont warranty my 800 dragon motor. I am on engine #5 and it just went. The dealership is saying now its a cooling issue and figures they got it figured out.We'll see i guess. Has anyone heard of any other fixes??? Time to say here kitty kitty!!!

cat is the only way to go there having slim to no problems or yamaha is pretty good too

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
What I dont get...

Who in their right mind keeps a sled or anything for that matter through 5 blown engines??? Wouldnt most unload the POS or look for the problem. Sorry, but by time the 2nd motor went someone should have been asking some hard questions either about the mods or setup or the mental stability of the individual who chooses to keep this sled and put the 3rd engine in...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I dont get...

Who in their right mind keeps a sled or anything for that matter through 5 blown engines??? Wouldnt most unload the POS or look for the problem. Sorry, but by time the 2nd motor went someone should have been asking some hard questions either about the mods or setup or the mental stability of the individual who chooses to keep this sled and put the 3rd engine in...

i agree but the problem is he will never mvoe that sled with the history. he may for the right price. but lets say this is someone who financed a sled and just cant take a loss of 6+g to upgrade to something else.

now to ride something newer and reliable your looking at 20,000$ and the fact that you never even got to ride the last one because it was always at the dealer.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks to keep reading all the negative stuff about Polaris JUNK!!! I would love to sell my Dragon for a new Pro but the re-sale value is not there.

Trench:(

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i agree but the problem is he will never mvoe that sled with the history. he may for the right price. but lets say this is someone who financed a sled and just cant take a loss of 6+g to upgrade to something else.

now to ride something newer and reliable your looking at 20,000$ and the fact that you never even got to ride the last one because it was always at the dealer.

Good point...

But...resale would have been a lot better 3 or 4 engines ago LOL

Top Bottom