Plow for Polaris ATV

sicamoose

Reaction score
Hey just wondering about everyone's thoughts on PLOWS....Long story short, my sister is letting me use her Polaris Sportsman 800 (2005 i think). I would like to plow my driveway at home and also some of my rental parking lots around town. I went into the Polaris dealer and the guy was pretty much saying that the Polaris plow is the only way to go. I think it was $670 plus tax for a 60" straight blade and mounting hardware/bracket.

Any thoughts? Presume the Polaris plow cant be that bad, but are there better options for around the same $$$?

And yes, the quad has a winch already

thanks for your help!!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering about everyone's thoughts on PLOWS....Long story short, my sister is letting me use her Polaris Sportsman 800 (2005 i think). I would like to plow my driveway at home and also some of my rental parking lots around town. I went into the Polaris dealer and the guy was pretty much saying that the Polaris plow is the only way to go. I think it was $670 plus tax for a 60" straight blade and mounting hardware/bracket.

Any thoughts? Presume the Polaris plow cant be that bad, but are there better options for around the same $$$?

And yes, the quad has a winch already

thanks for your help!!
That would be the price. The Glacier systems from Polaris pretty much can't be beat. Easy on, easy off, litteraly takes a few seconds.

500 King

Reaction score
Naturally, the Polaris dealer is going to recommend the Glacier system... I'd take it with a grain of salt.

The Warn ProAdvantage system is much more robust than the Glacier system... and probably less money. If you could see them side by side, you would see for yourself. Everything about the Warn is HD... not so much for the Glacier.

Good luck, and spend your money wisely. :D

sicamoose

Reaction score
thanks for your advice! I went to Lordco and they have the warn package for basically 450 bucks...I thought that was a pretty good deal. Any thoughts on wether to go with just the straight blade or the angles blade? Also, worth going wider in general if i can afford it and/or the quad can handle it?

500 King

Reaction score
Well, as far as angled blade vs straight blade, you have to visualize where you are going to be plowing. If you think you can keep the country plow (angled blade) angled to the high side the entire time you are plowing... then it's fine. I prefer a straight blade, but I have to plow with the blade angled to one side or the other. I put a heavy rubber flat on mine to make it almost as tall as a country blade... on both sides. The flap also keeps the snow from coming over the blade.

That quad will handle a 60" blade with no problems. I wouldn't go bigger though. If you run into some heavy, wet snow, you won't want a 72" blade full of it. :D

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think mine is called a cycle north or cycle country. Polaris will sell you the mounting bracket for your model of quad. I chose it over the polaris blade as it pivots or can be run straight. It seemed heaveir and tougher then the polaris model. Has runners so it wont dig in. Another feature was the springs so if you do run into something solid the blade bends over with out harm to it or the quad.
I have heard the polaris blades have a tendicay to dig in.

my 2 cents
best of luck

Clinebo

Reaction score
I agree with 500 King. I got the Polaris 60 inch when I bought the quad. Straight blade that's adjustable 5 ways. I added the snow flap on top and use a short synthetic rope for plowing. I switch fairleads also. For the synthetic i use UHMW rollers. Plows great!

Top Bottom