Cutting edge for plowing

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all seeing how winter is around the corner probably time to look at the plow rig again. Wondering what options I could use for a cutting edge on my plow? There’s steel there now but it seams a bit hard on the pavement. Just wondering if there might be a better option like Teflon or something that would last a while and not scratch up the driveway. Thanks
IMG_3039.jpeg

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Should a snow plow blade touch the ground? To provide extra-long operating life of the moldboard. A cutting edge should be 1/2" above the ground when plow shoes are used and the moldboard is in plowing position; it can be higher when used on gravel driveways. Cutting edges are also available in urethane or rubber.
Your choice though, I scrape down closer with my Bobcat blade, but I also use it to plow dirt/gravel, etc.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used puck board type material before seems to work ok not the toughest but can't remember where I got it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UHMW is common out east.

Guy that setup our plasma cutter at work was from Quebec, his winter side business was cutting UHMW cutting edges and wear bears on a CNC router table. Said it was very common and he made good money doing it.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the thoughts, got busy at work over the weekend. Probably try some Teflon and see how that works

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold lol . Just let me know a time that works for you on a weekend and I can grab it.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Neil , got busy at work and haven’t been on for a bit . Let me know what works I am off next week too So I am pretty flexible. .

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok , I’ll send you a message Monday and we can figure it out. Thanks

Top Bottom