Platinum f350 or chev ltz diesel

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if 76,999 isn't a great price for a 17 diesel 3500 ltz what would be?

2017 LTZ, 4 door loaded, 3500, 6.5' box, nav, heated/cooled bucket seats, sun roof, etc. Black bow tie, predrilled box for hitch, running boards, mud flaps installed, yours for $74,600.00 + GST
This perticular truck is Blue, but several colours to choose from.

Last edited:

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 LTZ, 4 door loaded, 3500, 6.5' box, nav, heated/cooled bucket seats, sun roof, etc. Black bow tie, predrilled box for hitch, running boards, mud flaps installed, yours for $74,600.00 + GST
This perticular truck is Blue, but several colours to choose from.
Is that in white court?2000$ less then gp

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on when you buy it and what the dealer incentives are. No way is a dealer going to discount a 17 from $83 to $63 right now. Maybe in June, if the manufacture is offering $10-$15k off.

When did you buy yours?

I bought in October with incentives on.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can hear a brand new truck in 4wd something's wrong or it's a piece of garbage. Never ever have I had one you could tell, manual shifter or not. Unless the truck is turned off you can hear it, but any sort of driving? Nope and that's the way it should be.
My 2016 makes noise in 4x4. Was concerned at first, but 5 years of warranty, will deal with it then. Reports are its normal.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just a update, got a 17 chev 3500 ltz loaded up in grande prairie

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 231

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good,.. I would like a new truck but hard to justify a new truck purchase when it will be the same as what is remaining on my mortgage.

Thats what Ive been thinking this whole thread. To each their own....but I cant fathom spending that kind of money on a pickup! They are definitely nice though.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what Ive been thinking this whole thread. To each their own....but I cant fathom spending that kind of money on a pickup! They are definitely nice though.

deaner, what's your strategy for choosing a truck as far as mileage and years and price range?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deaner, what's your strategy for choosing a truck as far as mileage and years and price range?

Ive bought a couple of new diesels in the past but they were around 40k brand new! Last one was in 08 though. Guess I would just set a budget (probably 35-40k) and see what I could get in that range. Brother in law picked up a ford dually 6.7 a couple of years ago with fairly low km for 32k. The low dollar seems like it has definitely changed the used market though. I wanted to buy a used f150 this fall and they were insane. 25k for anything decent with 100k on it. Picked up a brand new one for under 40. The fancier loads definitely add to the price though. I could care less about alot of options.

Like I said, not knocking anyone that buys a new diesel. They are beautiful, but holy cow expensive!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the 16 have noise in 4wd. I had mine checked out on the first service. They compared it to another truck on the lot. After research it is normal. I have found that it does seem quieter as I put more miles on.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the 16 have noise in 4wd. I had mine checked out on the first service. They compared it to another truck on the lot. After research it is normal. I have found that it does seem quieter as I put more miles on.
Well I did say that didn't I

It's just the ways the planetarys are set up inside, they make noise

Somewhat annoying yes, but they made it stronger so ya have to give to get lol

sent while drinking tea's

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a gearset or two not machined properly to work together if its getting quieter over time. As they're running together they're smoothing each other out.... I'd be making sure to change the oil in the unit to get the wear materials out....remember transfer cases don't have filters and do have a pump....and pumps typically don't survive well with crap in the oil....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a gearset or two not machined properly to work together if its getting quieter over time. As they're running together they're smoothing each other out.... I'd be making sure to change the oil in the unit to get the wear materials out....remember transfer cases don't have filters and do have a pump....and pumps typically don't survive well with crap in the oil....

Possible or that I'm just getting used to it lol. It has been recorded with the dealer and I have lots of warranty. Typically if a truck gives me issues it's gone.

Top Bottom