Plastic Repair

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on glueing plastic,what kind to use and does it work?Thanks for the help.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on glueing plastic,what kind to use and does it work?Thanks for the help.

if your looking for a low budget fix try taking a soldering iron to it , if you can take a knife and trim some excess off the non visable side and use as welding rod to fill in crack , sand off and should look pretty good and fairly tough when done :beer:

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you definitely should plastic weld.....dont mess around with all the glues and appoxies.....in the end they all break and dont hold....do it right the first time....wish I had....;)

Zipp

Reaction score
For a good field repair, try nylon ties. Looks like stitches, great conversation piece. Will get ya where you have to go. Or the classic "crazy carpet rivet job", if you don't care what it looks like.

bkdmdu

Reaction score
Website
www.spherecontrol.com
Go to any of the hardware stores or even Walmart and get some Goop. I've seen guys fix corners of fenders and they are still holding and look good six months later. Works great on seats, fenders, shoes and just about all you can think of.

Last edited:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soldering iron.. melt it back together it will stay there and you will be hard pressed to notice it .. if you have white areas hit it with a heat gun.. DONT MELT it with the heat gun just heat it up and then rub it and the white will leave the plastic.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like stiches, it looks cool. definatly a conversation piece and people will know just buy looking at your quad that you know how to us it and not just pussy-foot along doesn't take much to do a drill/bit and some chicken wire(rabit snare wire) oh and time to do it right. the stiches are just as strong, as if it never happened. maybe better because if you hit the same spot again it flexes where a sodered/welded fender will brake again

IMGP4418.jpg

heading back this weekend to find the missing piece
IMGP4419.jpg

IMGP4420.jpg

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks forall your help guy &girls,I think Ill try the sodering method,its not a fender crack its up on the side under the handlebars.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubber Bumper Company welds plastic fenders back together, they're right here is Edmonton, they do nice work i've had to use them before.

Top Bottom